More 3* Characters

So my buddy is about to max out his 3* team and I'm maybe half way there. But we're probably going to quit after this is done since the 4* grind is just too much for us. It'd be nice to see more 3* (I think Vision was the last one back in May???) to give a lot of people a reason to keep playing. I get that 4* will get people to spend more money and I have no problem with that, but throwing some more 3*s out there would be nice for the casual player.

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Honestly, I'm right there with you. I don't think more 3*s are the answer tho, the 3* tier is already fleshed out enough. They need to make 4*s more attainable to players if the 4* tier is truly the main level of play now.

I have hopes that this is coming, and it's really all that's keeping me going right now. I have one 3* left to max - Beast. I have every other 3* at level 166 and spec'ed the way I want them (except Rags, I would like another green to make him 5/5/3, but that's not exactly a high priority icon_e_smile.gif) But once Beast is done, and that should happen by Monday at the latest, what am I supposed to do? 4*s take months to cover. MONTHS. Once you have them covered, they need 350,000 ISO to level (might even be more, I'm not sure) At a pace of one new usable character every 6-8 months, I'm not gonna stay interested very long. Heck, I'm actually working on the new 1* Spidey, simply because it's fun for me to build, level and use a new character in a matter of days rather than months. I'll buy covers to finish off characters I like, I did it with Prof X and Hulkbuster. But I bought 2 covers for X and 1 for HB...I'm not buying 8-9 covers to max them as soon as they're released, I simply don't have that kind of budget.

When the game had 4 4* characters (XF, IW, Thor and Fury) treating them like shiny baubles that were priceless and rare made sense. There are now more 4* characters than 1 or 2* characters. The reward structure in the game no longer makes sense. If they don't reign it in, and soon, I fear they're gonna lose a huge chunk of their player base to boredom and hopelessness...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    just hold out a bit.. i have a feeling the 4* transition is coming in full force before too long.. it has to, nowhere else for it to go. They just need to release enough 4*'s to make a viable rotation.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Honestly, I'm right there with you. I don't think more 3*s are the answer tho, the 3* tier is already fleshed out enough. They need to make 4*s more attainable to players if the 4* tier is truly the main level of play now.

I have hopes that this is coming, and it's really all that's keeping me going right now. I have one 3* left to max - Beast. I have every other 3* at level 166 and spec'ed the way I want them (except Rags, I would like another green to make him 5/5/3, but that's not exactly a high priority icon_e_smile.gif) But once Beast is done, and that should happen by Monday at the latest, what am I supposed to do? 4*s take months to cover. MONTHS. Once you have them covered, they need 350,000 ISO to level (might even be more, I'm not sure) At a pace of one new usable character every 6-8 months, I'm not gonna stay interested very long. Heck, I'm actually working on the new 1* Spidey, simply because it's fun for me to build, level and use a new character in a matter of days rather than months. I'll buy covers to finish off characters I like, I did it with Prof X and Hulkbuster. But I bought 2 covers for X and 1 for HB...I'm not buying 8-9 covers to max them as soon as they're released, I simply don't have that kind of budget.

When the game had 4 4* characters (XF, IW, Thor and Fury) treating them like shiny baubles that were priceless and rare made sense. There are now more 4* characters than 1 or 2* characters. The reward structure in the game no longer makes sense. If they don't reign it in, and soon, I fear they're gonna lose a huge chunk of their player base to boredom and hopelessness...

sadly it will never happen before most of the playing group as quit. I think they are seeing a lot more vets quit and newbies coming into the game, Why cause why would they bring out a new 1 star if we was not getting a ton of newbies coming into the game...

haveing no new 3 stars allows me to take time away from the game and this time i mean it. I said the last 2 PVE that had 3 stars as rewards. This time i dont plan on joining the PVE until monday or later and what is even nicer since i dont need the PVP covers i dont have to worry about playing more then 15 mins until monday (just doing the daily)