PVE: Enemy of the State (August 13-21)

Options
12346»

Comments

• gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just pulled my "100th" 2 star.png event token for this event.
    EotS really needs a vault .... Badly !
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ambush is amazing but you guys clearly are not using it correctly. You can't just gain 8 AP and press the button, like most abilities you have to wait for the perfect time. DD is amazing with Cyclops' yellow ability.

I'm saying that Ambush is of limited utility in this event (it's even worse since I'm also running Blade). I use it when there's a pretty good chance that I can immediately match it, but usually that's a one-shot at best since the respawn will be somewhere unreachable, and that's when the goons overwrite it.

I would imagine it's incredibly powerful in PvP, but not when my goal is to stun Gorgon every time he appears.
  • JackTenrec wrote:
    Ambush is amazing but you guys clearly are not using it correctly. You can't just gain 8 AP and press the button, like most abilities you have to wait for the perfect time. DD is amazing with Cyclops' yellow ability.

I'm saying that Ambush is of limited utility in this event (it's even worse since I'm also running Blade). I use it when there's a pretty good chance that I can immediately match it, but usually that's a one-shot at best since the respawn will be somewhere unreachable, and that's when the goons overwrite it.

I would imagine it's incredibly powerful in PvP, but not when my goal is to stun Gorgon every time he appears.
    you're not listening...cyclops + DD, its crotch kicks everywhere not just PVP

are u telling me u cast rage of the panther or berserker rage and let your enemy benefit from it?
  • JackTenrec wrote:
    Breezy wrote:
    Daredevil is next to useless. His node is a health pack sink, you'd think his red tile would stick but no, the AI will destroy it within one or two turns. Gah. I miss the last EOTS with better essential chars.

I'm still building Daredevil, but with 2-3 covers in everything, I actually found him to be pretty useful defensively in EotS (okay, not Ambush, which is virtually worthless due to overwrites) between Billy Club for Gorgon and Radar Sense for Teisatsu. But I admit that the real workhorse for me in the survival nodes was Blade.

Screenshot_2015-08-19-13-09-23.png

As you can see I have a bunch of Trap tiles that I can't match for damage but I have Cyclops' Yellow ready to go and you can believe me that many traps will explode and will kill the entire wave.

Those fire off on each character or obliterate one? Also, the #of traps would lead me to believe this isn't a node with goons writing on red.
  • Splarne wrote:
    JackTenrec wrote:
    Breezy wrote:
    Daredevil is next to useless. His node is a health pack sink, you'd think his red tile would stick but no, the AI will destroy it within one or two turns. Gah. I miss the last EOTS with better essential chars.

I'm still building Daredevil, but with 2-3 covers in everything, I actually found him to be pretty useful defensively in EotS (okay, not Ambush, which is virtually worthless due to overwrites) between Billy Club for Gorgon and Radar Sense for Teisatsu. But I admit that the real workhorse for me in the survival nodes was Blade.

Screenshot_2015-08-19-13-09-23.png

As you can see I have a bunch of Trap tiles that I can't match for damage but I have Cyclops' Yellow ready to go and you can believe me that many traps will explode and will kill the entire wave.

Those fire off on each character or obliterate one? Also, the #of traps would lead me to believe this isn't a node with goons writing on red.
    they fire off one at a time, so as soon as one character is dead they'll move on to the next unless its the end of survival node or something

~~~~~~

finished Rescue Nick Fury on my stream for those interested in the layout/survival nodes
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just tried Blade + Cyclops + Daredevil since I hadn't used that combo before. Even with 5/3/4 Blade and 5/2/3 Daredevil, it works quite well! The key is definitely getting lots of Nightstalkers. Goons can't overwrite redflag.png tiles if they never have redflag.png to cast abilities with! icon_lol.gif
  • This event was annoying but 3/5 of my tokens were 3* so it had that going for it.
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    I wish the T150 was Cyclops Red instead of Black. I keep pulling Black covers, he's 2/4/5, the only two reds I have are from DDQ. I really don't feel like grinding for T50 but I definitely need the DD Red so we'll see. Hopefully the next event has Cyclops Red for progression.

Before this event, about 10(?) days ago, my Cyke was 5/1/2 for a quite long time. When this event ends, after alliance reward he should be 5/3/5, with two red covers having been sold for iso...