GAME CHANGER

Starshatter
Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
- offline (arcade) and online modes

- OFFLINE (ARCADE) = Dark Reign, other major stories to be added
- offline games do not count towards daily resupply, alliance ISO, or Deadpool points. (Or any future daily additions) Bonus' like this will keep players interested in playing the game online.

- 4 mission sets that help players build up their team dependant on their strength.
- Dark Reign ~ 1-2 star. The prologue set of missions that helps players start out
- Civil War ~ 2-3 star. A harder set of missions to transition to a 3* team
- Secret Invasion ~ 3-4 star. A difficult set of missions to build up a 3* team
- Secret Wars ~ 4* +. A very difficult set of missions to keep long time players challenged.

- each month at 12am on the 1st of the month the 4 arcade missions will be reset. Same goes for the Vault.

- since this is an OFFLINE feature there will be no prizes awarded immediately following a win. Prizes can only be awarded by signing in Online and having your offline achievements tallied.

- the ONLY prize awarded for completing arcade missions will be Vault Tokens. The Vault Tokens will replace Taco Tokens

- each set of linked nodes completed earns a Vault Token upon sign in.
- Example: a player who finishes all 8 linked nodes of the H.A.M.M.E.R. Story would receive 1 Common Vault Token upon signing in online. Similarly, a player who completes, say, the final mission block of Secret Invasion which has 3 separate sets of linked nodes (see Juggernaut Story) wins 3 Vault Tokens upon connecting online.

- having Vault tokens be the only award (instead of small amounts of ISO) will encourage stronger players to play the easier missions in order to "use up" the lesser rewards.

- This will allow players to build up greater amounts of Vault tokens, therefore giving them greater chance to get better vault prizes and potentially wanting to manually reload the Vault with 1000 HP

- Daily Deadpool Quest for me has turned into something I have to do and not something I want to do. I would prefer to see it taken from a daily thing into a month long Growth Industry type event with a 4* reward for completing Deadpools ever changing list of random ideas. Each month have him in a different Marvel family (x-men, f4, avengers, etc) demanding that you do things to entertain him and he will pay you with Vault Tokens. The event would reset whenever you gained Online status in that month.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- ONLINE = PvE, PvP, Season Simulator, PvP versions of Story Missions, Ultron ( anything with placement awards)

- I think placement awards should be beefed up.
~ Top 50 = 4 star reward (not necessarily a 4* cover)
~ 51-200 = 3 star reward (not necessarily a 3* cover)
~ 201-350 = 2 star reward (not necessarily a 2* cover)
~ 351-500 = 1 star reward (not necessarily a 1* cover)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This serves 2 major purposes.
1) can play the game in situations where the player is out of cell service/wifi (rural areas, airplanes)

2) helps keep the game interesting and competitive for all levels of player

Comments

• Viking Tacos
    Viking Tacos Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    This a idea with some merit. I'm not in love with the vault concept , but this:
    - 4 mission sets that help players build up their team dependant on their strength.
    - Dark Reign ~ 1-2 star. The prologue set of missions that helps players start out
    - Civil War ~ 2-3 star. A harder set of missions to transition to a 3* team
    - Secret Invasion ~ 3-4 star. A difficult set of missions to build up a 3* team
    - Secret Wars ~ 4* +. A very difficult set of missions to keep long time players challenged.

Brilliant!

Daily resupply has become kind of a joke (now that I've been playing for nearly a year), but if there were a mechanism to target specific rewards I need to build my team, I'd play a prologue style untimed event. I went back to the prologue again after the last patch and had fun cleaning up missing rewards, mostly standard tokens to get baby spidey (got a baby spidey completion challenge going with an alliance mate great fun) and a found ignored hp in there too. (What was I thinking?) This found hp help pay for my xdp roster slot and fighting the repetitive nodes had purpose and eventually pay off.

My point is that the prologue had value in the beginning (wolverine and daken covers, health packs, hp, etc), so build in the same utility for 2* players, 3* players, and even 4* players. Let us pick the battles to fight based upon the rewards that would assist us in our build.
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Thanks Viking, any suggestion on the vault idea you weren't in love with?
  • Viking Tacos
    Viking Tacos Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    It's not really your vault proposal, it is the vault concept in general, it gives you the illusion of control in gaining specific rewards when really you are still at the whims of RNGesus.

What I do like about the vault is the Health Packs, and Hero Points, and even Iso. I guess I'd even say that the limited pool is a nice feature but I have no hoarding ability right now so I am unable to take advantage of the limits and the repeated pulls.