Cumulative event scores

Options
If you spend all day building up points, and then miss a day and then come back the next day it seems like most of your points get wiped out by other players. The shield system is okay, but I'd like to see people rewarded for playing more, rather than for simply playing a lot in the last couple hours of the event.

I would like to see a cumulative score event once in a while, where no more than half to a quarter of your points can be taken away. So if i earn 30 points for a victory. 15 go into a pile that can't be touched and 15 into a pile that can be taken away. At the end both piles are added together to arrive at my total score. That way if you spend all three days building points you can get ahead of someone who just has a load of high level characters and shows up right at the end to rack up points.

Also I would like to be able to trade down in event awards. Sometimes I actually finish at a higher place and wish I'd lost a few more games because I'd rather have the award a few places down. I shouldn't have to tank games to get what I want. Why not let me trade my placing for a different one as long as it is lower than where I finished?

How about a lower level event once in a while for new guys. Cap it at level 30 say and give players without a bunch of level 85 characters a chance to compete for top prizes as well as giving more seasoned players a chance to work on their lower level characters.

A random even might be fun too, where you go into each match with no control over what team up you get. Opponents are matched by total character level, so the fights are still relatively even.

Comments

• In PVP tourneys I think it would make sense to have a total tally AND a current tally of points.

This way your total can work towards progression and your current determines your event finishing position.

I have never been able to get past about 400 points on a tournament. I can't remember which tournament it was but I was trying to get the 400 point reward for about 3 hours and I was only 50 points away it's just that I consistantly lost more than I earned. So now I simply don't bother, trying to hit progression rewards in pvp is a complete and utter waste of time for me... I normally aim for the first couple of progression rewards and accept that I will never see any more.
  • A separate, cumulative progression score is a great idea! This would fix the SHIELD training as well.