Android Game Resets

I noticed lately, if I minimize the game to do something else on my phone I have a 50 - 50 chance of the game launching a brand new session or allowing me to resume my battle.

What causes this? Is it something looking to be fixed in the future?

Running on a Note 4 if that matters.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Generally, this is a memory issue. Both Android and iOS devices manage memory during multitasking (not necessarily the same way, but similar principles), and will drop a backgrounded program from memory if the active task needs it or other backgrounded processes are considered to be higher priority.

I saw a significant increase in ability to switch apps when I moved from an iPhone with half a gig of memory to one with one gig. I used to dread receiving phone calls while trying to play.

Your Note 4, however, appears to have 3GB of memory! I'm more of an Apple user than Android, so I don't have specific recommendations for your case. I would do some googling and find out how to multitasking performance and memory usage on your Android version.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Generally, this is a memory issue. Both Android and iOS devices manage memory during multitasking (not necessarily the same way, but similar principles), and will drop a backgrounded program from memory if the active task needs it or other backgrounded processes are considered to be higher priority.

I saw a significant increase in ability to switch apps when I moved from an iPhone with half a gig of memory to one with one gig. I used to dread receiving phone calls while trying to play.

Your Note 4, however, appears to have 3GB of memory! I'm more of an Apple user than Android, so I don't have specific recommendations for your case. I would do some googling and find out how to multitasking performance and memory usage on your Android version.

Yeah it has 3GB of memory, but unfortunately thanks to all the Samsung Bloatware there's usually only 600 MB of RAM free after reboot. icon_lol.gif I'll check the RAM next time it happens though, thanks!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah it has 3GB of memory, but unfortunately thanks to all the Samsung Bloatware there's usually only 600 MB of RAM free after reboot. icon_lol.gif I'll check the RAM next time it happens though, thanks!
    Any chance you can get the bloatware and custom UI off of it and get it on mainline Android?