How can 5 people attack me all at once?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Can someone please tell me how the h*ll you are supposed to make any progress in these PvP tournaments? I did one lightening round, and when I get to the results screen, I've been attacked and defeated 5 times! I actually lost points for winning, Then I get attacked and defeated 3 more times in the next 5 minutes!! How can I make any progress when I'm defeated 8 matches in 15 minutes (in matches I'm not even playing?!) Jesus Christ, this game is so broken it's unbelievable.

Comments

• Welcome to the Thunderdome!
  • Welcome to pvp. Once spider is nerfed a lot more luck and planned attacks will be re quired. Now they stun lock your team, and unleash without fear....
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is your ingame name WannaBSkrull?
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Seriously, I had 60+ Shield points, or whatever you call them. I enter a match for around 25 or so. Barely win, come back 10 minutes later, and now have 50+ points, AFTER winning. So, I lose about 30 points while I'm playing for 25. Lovely. Then, within 5 minutes or so, I'm back down in the 40's. Ironic that they cal them "progressive" rewards, as the updates to this game are anything but progress.

Also, I love how I lose a match because the computer gets endless cascades of the exact color it needs to destroy my party in 2 rounds. I go to all the trouble to keep a color away from the computer, and it conveniently drops (and matches) from the top over and over again. Case in point: 2, maybe 3 green tiles on the board, nowhere near each other. Computer (Hulk) makes one match and scores a enough to clobber me the next round, and the resulting tile damage and cascades give him ANOTHER 12 green tiles! Next round he wipes me out.

BROKEN GAME!

If this happened once in a while, I'd chalk it up to the law of averages, and pure chance. When every careful move I make gives the computer a match 4 setup that falls from the top, I call ****.

I was considering supporting this game and spending some money to support the devs, but between this, broken matchmaking, nerfed characters I can't repsec, and the greedy charging more for boosts and shields so I can't make any actual progress in the tournaments without spending more money, not a chance. Looks like they want me to go back to giving Sony and MS my hard earned gaming funds.
  • Twysta wrote:
    Is your ingame name WannaBSkrull?

No idea what that refers to...
  • Twysta
    Options
    Nevermind xD

You're probably being attacked a lot though because you have a really low level team and everyone see's you as easy points.
    The good thing though is that with being attacked it will lower your MatchMaking Rating (MMR) and hopefully it won't happen so much in the next round/later in the tourney.

What's your team composition atm?
  • I have a level 45 Thor, which of course I can't respec, level 40 Modern Black Widow, and a level 35 Iron Man Model 35 or level 40 Classic Hawkeye (used for critical tiles) as my third. I know people seem to hate Hawkeye, but I don't have much for other playable characters, and if you know how and when to place critical tiles, he can do some serious damage. I have a 5/3/0 level 30 Modern Storm, but the game refuses to give me any covers for her. Made the mistake of selling her for roster space when I first started playing because I didn't realize just how powerful those powers are when they get to 5 covers. I haven't received a single Storm cover in the last 40 or 50 covers I've cashed in.

I'd love to work in some other characters, but the game won't give me any covers for them, and even if they did, they don't give you enough ISO to build them up.I have a few 3 star characters, but they are worthless as 1 cover, level 15 characters. So, I sank all my ISO into Thor to have 1 good high damage / high hit point character and they nerfed him. Thanks to the current state of the game, placing high enough in tourneys to get any covers I could use is impossible unless you spend lots of real money (cough, cough, boosts & shields).

I wouldn't mind pitching and spending some money on this game if it wasn't so broken and pay to win. To max out a good 3, or even 2 star, character with real money, you are looking at what $50 to $100 to buy enough HP and ISO to level them up, even IF you got lucky enough to pull at least 1 cover of each color to start? No freaking way. Plus, I read about all the people who spent good money powering up Thor (or Wolvie, or Ragnarock) only to have them nerfed with no options to respec. That's just money thrown away. Sorry, but f*ck that. For that kind of money, I could put it towards a new console, or SEVERAL other, non-broken games.
  • Twysta
    Options
    Yeah I've never put money into building up chars, I have put into increasing roster space though...

When you're fielding common 1 star chars in tournies you will get attacked a lot as soon as you go up in ratings.
    If you hit a tourney when it starts you can hit the seed/bot teams and get upto 50-100 points easy - for the progression rewards.
    From that point you should just leave it as it'll be practically impossible for you to rank well until you slowly gain more covers.
  • Spencer75
    Options
    Think about the composition of your team as it appears to other teams

Hawkeye is great for placing critical tiles for you. However when the AI is operating him he's borderline useless. I'd attack your team in a heartbeat, others probably think the same thing.

Keep leveling your heroes, your team will become less enticing.

Also, selling storm was definitely a mistake, her and black widow pair together very nicely for the AI.

Level her and pair her with widow and Thor and you'll become a far less attractive target for players in your mmr
  • It's because lightening round is unbracket.

You probably need to finish getting most of prologue reward first before you can have a go.

I find lightning round very competitive even though I am using buffed heroes. If you only have 1* , you are probably not ready yet.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spencer75 wrote:
    Think about the composition of your team as it appears to other teams

Hawkeye is great for placing critical tiles for you. However when the AI is operating him he's borderline useless. I'd attack your team in a heartbeat, others probably think the same thing.

Keep leveling your heroes, your team will become less enticing.

Also, selling storm was definitely a mistake, her and black widow pair together very nicely for the AI.

Level her and pair her with widow and Thor and you'll become a far less attractive target for players in your mmr
    Yes, I skip this combination in a heartbeat. God knows how many times I've been beaten by endless cascades and endless AP steal. T_T
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    folnevar wrote:
    Can someone please tell me how the h*ll you are supposed to make any progress in these PvP tournaments? I did one lightening round, and when I get to the results screen, I've been attacked and defeated 5 times! I actually lost points for winning, Then I get attacked and defeated 3 more times in the next 5 minutes!! How can I make any progress when I'm defeated 8 matches in 15 minutes (in matches I'm not even playing?!) Jesus Christ, this game is so broken it's unbelievable.

I do not mean to be rude, but your team is just a juicy target. I never get attacked in LRs because my team is a deterrant. If you have unbuffed heroes on your team or underleveled toons they are easy wins for people with established teams grinding ISO.
  • Sorry bro, your team ain't that great, I'd attack you too. You're probably at too high a bracket for your team. However, there should be a half hour or hour long shield after you get attacked, and you should be able to attack without it falling.
  • I always play tournaments to get progression rewards, not win. When I was starting out, I was pretty happy to get to 100-150 and just bow out and go back to the prologue, with a shiny new cover token and a little shot in the arm of ISO.
  • Spiderben69
    Options
    folnevar - I feel your pain, the game is massively flawed or clearly designed to make you spend money on levelling up your characters to the point where you might be mildly competitive... and then when you do that they introduce an update that messes it all up again anyway. The tournament team matching is just wrong and this has been emphasised by everyone here saying "Your team is rubbish mate, I'd slaughter you and take some easy points, cheers", not having a go at the players/posters here but the developers who have either got it all wrong or are just now after the bucks!
  • folnevar wrote:
    I have a level 45 Thor, which of course I can't respec, level 40 Modern Black Widow, and a level 35 Iron Man Model 35 or level 40 Classic Hawkeye (used for critical tiles) as my third. I know people seem to hate Hawkeye, but I don't have much for other playable characters, and if you know how and when to place critical tiles, he can do some serious damage. I have a 5/3/0 level 30 Modern Storm, but the game refuses to give me any covers for her. Made the mistake of selling her for roster space when I first started playing because I didn't realize just how powerful those powers are when they get to 5 covers. I haven't received a single Storm cover in the last 40 or 50 covers I've cashed in.

I'd love to work in some other characters, but the game won't give me any covers for them, and even if they did, they don't give you enough ISO to build them up.I have a few 3 star characters, but they are worthless as 1 cover, level 15 characters. So, I sank all my ISO into Thor to have 1 good high damage / high hit point character and they nerfed him. Thanks to the current state of the game, placing high enough in tourneys to get any covers I could use is impossible unless you spend lots of real money (cough, cough, boosts & shields).

I wouldn't mind pitching and spending some money on this game if it wasn't so broken and pay to win. To max out a good 3, or even 2 star, character with real money, you are looking at what $50 to $100 to buy enough HP and ISO to level them up, even IF you got lucky enough to pull at least 1 cover of each color to start? No freaking way. Plus, I read about all the people who spent good money powering up Thor (or Wolvie, or Ragnarock) only to have them nerfed with no options to respec. That's just money thrown away. Sorry, but f*ck that. For that kind of money, I could put it towards a new console, or SEVERAL other, non-broken games.

Come join my bracket! I would attack you, look for you again, and then attack you some more! Easy points! The problem is in your bracket like everyone else says. you need to be in the baby bracket. I started a new character and he was in a baby bracket, with babies.

Seriously though, the best advice is to do the prologue see who you have then, don't waste your money maxing out 1 starts and try to build a team around 2 2* and 1 3*. Everyone here has a huge head start. I'm not a super veteran player, but I sold my wolverine's and thor's and started them anew. I have 27 characters, etc. You wouldn't be able to compete with me no matter how good of a match-3 player you are. Stay out of the lighting tournaments because they aren't bracketed, so you are competing against the best out of 60k players or however many they have today. Plus, people at that level run maxxed out optimal builds. Maybe lightning rounds should say they are unbracketed or show the number of players...
  • Someone posted in another thread that Lighting Rounds should be viewed as a way to get "free stuff". I think this is good advice. I've been playing for several months and have a very respectable roster that has landed me first place in many tournaments...however, I have never placed first in a LR. In fact, I think out of all the LR's I've played (and there have been a lot), I have only landed in the Top 50 a handful of times -- and those events were typically played early in the morning or had a less desirable reward.

As previous posters have already mentioned, LR's are unbracketed and extraordinarily competitive. Trying to place with your current roster makes you a juicy target (and rightfully so). Instead, when playing these events, focus on snatching the progression rewards, load up on ISO, and then bail until the next round. Save your frustration for longer tournaments icon_e_wink.gif