Colossus Fastball T/U

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Can someone explain why when I am versing just one remaining enemy and the AI uses a Colossus Fastball T/U that the character isn't in the air for 3 turns?! It shows 3 turns, when in reality next turn it's a bad surprise.

I was on the Thing/Punisher/DD node, It was down between Cage/Daken versus the AI's DD, I was going to uppercut him to death next turn when all of a sudden the AI uses a Colossus Fastball T/U.. okay I'll just collect AP and wait, but nope DD comes back next turn kills my Cage with the throw and Daken gets hit with Radar Sense.. game over. Yes maybe I shouldn't have used Daken against DD but that's not the point!

Quite annoying how the AI always seems to have the perfect T/U in the right situation.

Comments

• CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure with thread up, but if you are in the air and Colossus dies, it resolves next turn, regardless how much longer you should be in the air, so that there is someone to fight against - it's not like stun or invisible where the character is on the board, so the character needs to come back down for the sequence of turns to continue.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    CT1888 wrote:
    Not sure with thread up, but if you are in the air and Colossus dies, it resolves next turn, regardless how much longer you should be in the air, so that there is someone to fight against - it's not like stun or invisible where the character is on the board, so the character needs to come back down for the sequence of turns to continue.
    He is taking about fastball special as a TU not on the board. Yes fastball special as a TU can be used when there is only one opponent left and depending on the level will do damage. Level 5 resolves after 1 turn. I am just surprised it did enough damage to kill Cage. In the battle cage must have been fairly low on health unless the op got hit with radar sense twice. Radar sense at level 5 is devistating. The problem with radar sense is if there are no special tiles it will not even fire
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    If there is nobody left on the Fastball-ee's side, either because Colossus died or because the move was a team-up, the character drops immediately.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    If there is nobody left on the Fastball-ee's side, either because Colossus died or because the move was a team-up, the character drops immediately.

I am almost positive this hasn't always been the case. There have been more than a couple times where I've either killed Colossus or because it was a TU and the airborne character stays in the air more than 1 turn.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime wrote:
    CT1888 wrote:
    He is taking about fastball special as a TU not on the board. Yes fastball special as a TU can be used when there is only one opponent left and depending on the level will do damage. Level 5 resolves after 1 turn. I am just surprised it did enough damage to kill Cage. In the battle cage must have been fairly low on health unless the op got hit with radar sense twice. Radar sense at level 5 is devistating. The problem with radar sense is if there are no special tiles it will not even fire

I didn't realize at lvl 5 his Fastball is only 1 turn but when he threw DD, he had a 3 above him. My Cage didn't have much life but I thought I had 3 turns to collect AP so I was grabbing black then bam dead.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    Change your story to how YOU were using the Fastball TU, and it killed the opponent in 1 Turn ubstead of 3, and how AWESOME that was. Then watch it get fixed first thing Monday morning.
  • I've seen this behavior ever since the first opponent Fastball TU. So it's not a new thing. However, it is at least a bug either showing 3 or not waiting 3.