animation

zeddicus
zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I think I am not only one that likes animations of skills. With that said there are times when being able to turn them off comes in handy. Like last few minutes player versus player, where animations slow number of games to score points down. I would like way to turn on and off animations of skill.

Discussion ensue

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    zeddicus wrote:
    Like last few minutes player versus player, where animations slow number of games to score points down.

I suspect that's a good reason why the option to disable animations doesn't exist - a player who disabled them would have a significant advantage over a player who didn't (in high-stakes high-point shield hops, at least, where every second counts).
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Puce Moose wrote:
    zeddicus wrote:
    Like last few minutes player versus player, where animations slow number of games to score points down.

I suspect that's a good reason why the option to disable animations doesn't exist - a player who disabled them would have a significant advantage over a player who didn't (in high-stakes high-point shield hops, at least, where every second counts).

I wouldn't say it's a advantage if everyone is given the option to remove them, but I see where you're coming from.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    what they really need to get rid of is the message that pops up at the start of a match that tells me the AP boosts I JUST slotted myself because apparently I have alzheimer's and can't remember I gave myself +2 green/black and +2 blue/purple.
  • zeddicus
    zeddicus Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Thank you Jordanlee. Not want advantage just able to decide if animation on or off.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    zeddicus wrote:

While true, the company byline on this (in an old thread on this topic) was that they don't want to turn them off because a lot of time is used in the art department creating them, and they feel that time would be wasted if 90% of the base disabled them.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    zeddicus wrote:

While true, the company byline on this (in an old thread on this topic) was that they don't want to turn them off because a lot of time is used in the art department creating them, and they feel that time would be wasted if 90% of the base disabled them.

If true, that's a real facepalmer.

Compromise: offer "turbo" mode as a form of boost. Doubles the speed of anims while active. Players gets a rush, and a speed advantage, devs get players spending in a new way.
    Since this would be mandatory on hops and at the end of pushes, you might as well put a tax on matches over 1000 points.