Income for the game is reducing

geoffubazi2
geoffubazi2 Posts: 49
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
This is by no means scientific, But in the Android market - in the last 2 months, MPQ has dropped from the top 20 highest grossing games, down to number 49. I think that says something about the awkward state they leave us in. I constantly feel like I almost have a good roster... they feel like they drag the carrot out just a little farther, and I get disheartened and less interested.

Anywho.

Comments

• aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
    This is by no means scientific, But in the Android market - in the last 2 months, MPQ has dropped from the top 20 highest grossing games, down to number 49. I think that says something about the awkward state they leave us in. I constantly feel like I almost have a good roster... they feel like they drag the carrot out just a little farther, and I get disheartened and less interested.

Anywho.

That does not necessarily mean the game's income is reducing, but rather that the rank of whatever the income is has fallen. Unless hard, discrete numbers were disclosed, it's possible that other games are growing faster and larger in terms of money than MPQ .... not that MPQ is shrinking financially.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    I can categorically say that this isn't the case. It's simply a matter of the market expanding overall and other apps also grossing highly.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    You cant tell if total income is increasing or decreasing but it does look like MPQs market percentage is eroding.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    You cant tell if total income is increasing or decreasing but it does look like MPQs market percentage is eroding.
    I've never complained about getting a smaller % of a bigger pie. Unless it's rhubarb.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    If we're talking rhubarf you can have my share too.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    *pfft*

Ya'll need to try some of my girl's rhubarb crumble. I'll bring some in next week.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    I've never complained about getting a smaller % of a bigger pie. Unless it's rhubarb.

If you get half the slice of a pie twice as big you aren't better off. Also you are falling behind competitors. Marvel made mad coin on Avengers movie, but I bet they weren't happy Jurassic World beat them
  • smiley22
    smiley22 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Actually in the App Store top grossing it was #150 two weeks ago and now it's at 89, so I'm sure they're fine
  • aesthetocyst
    aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor

Whaaaat? They are losing ground in the Match-3 / Marvel-themed PQ market? icon_e_wink.gif
  • You cant tell if total income is increasing or decreasing but it does look like MPQs market percentage is eroding.
    this doesn't surprise me. When I started playing I dropped a 20 on this game because I liked it and wanted to give my support. I could do it again but their pricing just discourages me to do that. You just don't see it make any difference unless you spend a lot. So I'm not going to spend a lot and see no reason to spend a little.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Closing this thread out as there's not much to do here other than argue over the minutia of market share versus individual revenue at this point. We're doing fine, we've got no issues with our still upwards climb, not much else to say.
This discussion has been closed.