Cover Trading/Auction

Options
Bacon Pants
Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
Has this been discussed by anyone before? A trading or auction tab would be nice for folks searching for specific covers. I could see this working in similar fashion to The Ultimate Team in the EA Sports games.

There are obviously a lot of variables here, but I don't feel like typing much.

Comments

• radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No.

The "rich" would have an extra Spider-Man cover and sell to the highest bidder, say 2000 HP. How is that different than the store, except D3 makes no money? If D3 makes no money, the game goes bye-bye.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As I mentioned in another post, its a direct trade, no ISO or HP involved between players, limited to maybe 3 covers a month per player. Those who are desperate can still spend their HP, but for those F2P players this option gives them some hope of catching up.
  • Covers are a premium commodity Demiurge is trying to sell. I agree this would be a useful feature from our point of view, but you'd need to show them what they get out of implementing it besides a drop in pack sales. Happier players? Not convinced that'll swing it.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    Covers are a premium commodity Demiurge is trying to sell. I agree this would be a useful feature from our point of view, but you'd need to show them what they get out of implementing it besides a drop in pack sales. Happier players? Not convinced that'll swing it.

I would happily make an equal trade (3* for 3*) and if D3 wanted to throw on a 100HP commission, I'd still be happy with it.