Is it possible to move my FB Save?

Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I receive maybe 2 or 3 gifts a day.. most from my wife lol.. if i were to create a FB page just for my MPQ account, is it possible to have my save moved? Is it worth doing?

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    I believe it's possible to do so, with the caveat that you're working without a net during the period of time between disassociating your MPQ account from the primary facebook account (by unchecking the save box in options) and linking it to your MPQ-specific facebook account.

I recall considering trying to link MPQ to a second facebook account and being discouraged by the hoops I'd have to jump through to do so on iOS, since you'd have to login to the secondary account on your facebook app in advance, or something like that. I'm not saying that they're big hurdles, I may just be lazy, but it was something I thought about and ended up not doing.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    It certainly was possible at one point (I assume it still is possible) you'd have to dig around on the forums for the specifics of how to do it (or I guess ask the devs) since I'm too lazy to hunt it down.

EDIT: Is it worth it...IDK I just wanted it attached to my actual account I set up for games. I get almost no benefit from it but I also don't try to get any benefit. Some people get large sums of ISO from doing such though.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forgot about having to link multiple FB accounts on my phone.. too many notifications as it is.. that idea is out.
  • MPQ only sends a notification when a friend sends a gift, and you can turn those off with one click. It is possible and kinda simple, if you interested.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is pretty straightforward. Feel free to comment, if I've misstated any technical issues.

I will generally assume that your are currently using facebook to backup your mpq.

This is written with an eye toward ios but should work the same way for android.

1. It is easiest to use the facebook app.
    2. goto the settings menu an look under facebook. You will see and login and credential setting. When a third party app looks to log into facebook to access your profiles, they use these credentials. So set these creditials to your 2nd alt facebook account. The caveat is that any other apps your link to facebook will now try and use these credentials as well. So any other apps that pull your details through facebook will now look at the alt account. you will need to decide on your own if this creates too many other side issues.

3. Under the facebook app, you will logout and relogin with your primary account. Facebook app remembers the last login and will log in under the last account that was use with facebook app. When you log out of the facebook app, it will ask you if you want to login under the alt account or primary account. You can choose either account as appropriate.

4. You will need to migrate all your mpq friends to this alt account. This is can be a bit tedious, but once you get a few mpq friends, it will snowball and get alot easier.

Feel free to post back here about how it all worked.