Want The Wasp As Your Wife?

Options
GundamY
GundamY Posts: 182
edited August 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Poor Hank Pym can never catch a break ever since his "Yellowjacket" incident with his wife Janet... Look, can we just put the dark past behind and move on with promoting possible playable characters? M'kay, good, let's move onto my next spark of speculations. I am aware that there is a possibility that Wasp will share similarities with the current Scott Lang's Ant-Man movesets (courtesy to Marvel Cinematic Universe). However, let's stay faithful by sticking to the original source from the comics =P

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngThe Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)

667a27db67e4e835b33aca91ee9d0ebc.jpg

yellowflag.pngWasp's Sting: Janet's exposure to the Pym particles focuses her bioelectricity into a compact stinger blast. Targeted enemy takes 400 damage and gets stunned for 1 turn.

Max Level: Damage increased to 800. The entire enemy team can get stunned for 2 turns.

blackflag.pngBiosynthetic Wings: Enemies cannot focus on what they're doing as Wasp flies around like an annoying distraction. Create 3 trap tiles scattered all over the board. Countdown Tiles are delayed by 1 turn per trap tile.

Max Level: Countdown Tiles are paused so long as at least 1 Trap tile is intact.

purpleflag.pngPym Particles: With her husband's revolutionary invention, Janet shrinks down to the size of a wasp and fights like the lethal insect. Create a 4 turn Countdown Tile, and Wasp gains additional effects and powerups for her respective abilities, but takes double the damage dealt by the enemy.
    Wasp's Sting: Every time the target gets hit by a Wasp's Sting, the stun duration is doubled. (1 turn stun -> 2 turn stun -> 4 turn stun)
      Biosynthetic Wings: Wasp's trap tiles randomly shuffles into a new location

Max Level: Wasp goes further with her lethal upgrades in her small size, but takes 3 times more damage if hit.
      Wasp's Sting: Every time the target gets hit by a Wasp's Sting, the damage and stun duration is doubled. (i.e. 400 -> 800 -> 1600 damage; 1 turn stun -> 2 turn stun -> 4 turn stun)
        Biosynthetic Wings: Enemies cannot create Attack, Strike, or Shield tiles with the Trap tiles in the field.

Oh boy... I have a feeling that Wasp will piss off players to the point where they wish she gets slapped... (too soon?)

Comments

• Malcrof
        Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        Very creative! Couple of things though, i would not expect any new 3*'s, so she would be a 4*, almost definitely.

yellowflag.png this is like Thing's red, but since she will have much lower HP, the damage needs to be increased quite a bit, i would cost it around 9ap!

blackflag.png really like this one, with the amount of chars that create CD tiles, this is a great counter. Needs to have an effect if the tile is matched. This is how you can make build diversity. Since tiles are fully paused at 5 covers, at 4 covers it should up the tiles by 2 and up the effect of matching the trap, at 2 and 3 add the effect to matching the trap tiles, and up the effect.

purpleflag.png Really like this one. Needs a little bit of tweaking, once again for build diversity. Would definitely remove the triple damage, max it at 60%, then as covers are added, slowly lower the extra damage she takes to around 35% at max. I am slightly against the trap tile shuffle, as it would make matches take quite a bit longer since it is a per turn thing... but not being able to create special tiles.. wow that is harsh, but fun! Talk about a counter!
      • Not sure how I feel about the title of this thread...sounds like it should be a post on an anime site.

I very much like the black power very good idea.

The purple I think is along the right lines, but could do with some tweaking not sure exactly what needs to be changed though. Name shouldn't match Ant-man's power's name, although I do understand why it does.

Personally I would have the yellow create strike.png tiles and be low powered and cheap. Maybe as little as 4AP. Small hero, small power, small cost. The strike tiles because I'd imagine the attacks should escalate in how annoying they are to the enemy.

Actually, what if we had the yellow fire for *really* small damage but fire twice so it double dips on strike.png tiles? That could be fun. Max level fires three times like it's been some sort of fly-by-shooting.

That would also have the effect of doubling the effectiveness of enemy enemyprotect.png tiles though. Maybe an effect of the purple could be to remove enemyprotect.png tiles? Shrinking down small enough to find the cracks in their armour? I guess you covered that already when max level purple and black are active at the same time preenting the enemy from placing protects in the first place?
      • JamesV
        JamesV Posts: 98 Match Maker
        Options
        I really like both Black and Purple. Agreed that the increased damage may be too much.

So.

Black mentions enemies in the flavor text, but not in the ability description.
        Purple creates a countdown.

I'm guessing black won't effect purple (as the intent is that it only messes with enemy countdowns), but maaaaaaan if it did. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif