Iso-8 Lab: Colombia VII

Arctic_One
Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
The devs deserve every foul word ever slung at them. For this alone I am done ever saying a good thing about them, this game, their company and everything associated with them. Before anyone brings up"the satisfaction of finally beating this node", please save your breath. Already too late for that.

Comments

• mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Ehh, a one time node being terrible is terrible, but its not a particularly big deal because losing a bunch of times won't hurt your score if you beat it once/requiring boosts or TUs to beat it is acceptable since you only need to do it once. The Jugs/Ares nodes in Russia are much more problematic, but they're still ultimately fine.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    This doesn't even come in the top 10 of difficult, borderline unfair PvE nodes, to be honest. Not a feeder goon, Carnage or Tetris Ultron in sight.

Doom is strong, but very, very slow to get going, and he becomes even slower because the AI will use Rags' blue instead of Technopathic Strike, and Hood's Intimidation instead of Summon Demons, so basically you only have to deny him purple as long as Hood is still alive, and black as well as soon as Hood has croaked. Rags can easily be left to take out last, as long as you don't let him get 14 green he's not much of a threat. If you focus on Hood first and can take him out fairly quickly, the rest of the node really shouldn't be too much of a problem.
  • I read this and thought "wait, are they running Thick as Thieves again?" and had to check my phone. Nothing gets more rage than Family Reunion VII: Skrull Edition. Seriously, tinykitty those guys.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Not a feeder goon, Carnage or Tetris Ultron in sight.
    Not true. Node 3 has two muscle goons feeding yellow to hood meaning twin pistols after about 4 turns. The R&G essential has two brawlers feeding blue to Doom for technopathic strike.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    mrcheddar wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Not a feeder goon, Carnage or Tetris Ultron in sight.
    Not true. Node 3 has two muscle goons feeding yellow to hood meaning twin pistols after about 4 turns. The R&G essential has two brawlers feeding blue to Doom for technopathic strike.

He was talking specifically about node 7 though.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Der_Lex wrote:
    He was talking specifically about node 7 though.
    Yup. Reading comprehension fail on my fault. Strangely enough I left that node for a bit as hood can be a right pain. Then I breezed it on my first attempt with r&g fist and cyclops plus one helleva lucky cascade on turn 2. Thems the breaks.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Arctic_One wrote:
    The devs deserve every foul word ever slung at them. For this alone I am done ever saying a good thing about them, this game, their company and everything associated with them. Before anyone brings up"the satisfaction of finally beating this node", please save your breath. Already too late for that.

This what hulk is for. Or a bunch of other combos that require more than just straight on attacks.
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    For me this node is impossible to beat. Strangely I got there without big trouble. I'm probably NOT supposed to beat it as my rooster is nothing special (mostly 2* and some 3* without enough covers) .
    But it still feels unfair because I can't even touch them (closest I got was to down Hood and almost! down Doom, that's all)
    But it's not end of the world : -)
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wiped twice on that node. It's tough to beat because the boosted 3*s aren't that great so you're fighting with either suboptimal characters or guys way below the enemy's level. The goons for me were level 241 and I ended up beating them with icon_blackpanther.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_lukecage.png
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    If you are using 2* characters obw,storm,Thor should work. (Could sub in mags) Take hood out first then doom. Take all pink matches first, then green, then blue. Use storm green instead of Thor's. (I have a second Thor at 5/5/3 just for other green user team ups but 3/5/5 will work too just not as effective)

Or throw in Hawkeye and hope for the luck to get a match 5.
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    I tried all combos (OBW, Thor, Storm, Magneto 2*, and after that some with Hawk) but I maybe I had all the bad luck or played terribly, because I lost every time. It´s OK I might give it few tries later icon_twisted.gif
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    This isn't the worst PvE node, but it has Hood so it ranks up there. I hate facing Hood in PvE. After I cleared this sub for the ISO reward I was so, so glad I wasn't playing this PvE competitively and didn't have to play any of those nodes again.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    Maybe we should have a sub-forum called "Venting and Complaining" so we can yell at the forums in a post then happily go back to playing icon_lol.gif

I am guilty of making similar posts after I throw my phone across the room!
  • inadreves1
    inadreves1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Try the GSBW/Scarlet Witch/Professor X combo. It worked to me at first try
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    inadreves1 wrote:
    Try the GSBW/Scarlet Witch/Professor X combo. It worked to me at first try
    LOL.
    Yes, the best combo for PVE would work, yes.

Do you really think he'd come here to complain if he had access to that?