personal scaling

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
My roster is improving. i have 1 maxed 3*, 4 others in the 140 range. 15 others over 100.

so i'm playing rescue mission: russia, node 5. level 168 across the board for the goons. i play my best characters. and get hammered. barely win the match with my last surviving character.

my issue is this. how am i supposed to make any headway in these subs if i can play one match every 5 hours when my best characters get killed each node. and the nodes keep getting more difficult. this doesn't give me much of a chance. and forget replaying the more difficult nodes. not when the reward is 330 points and 20 iso...

now, i know if it was the opposite and too easy it would also be an issue, but if i can't even clear a sub, then my chances of a decent finish are pretty slim.

one of the issues i have with these difficult nodes is, the characters are boosted, but the amount of ap needed to use their specials is set at the minimum. 5 ap for onslaught at level 168??!! really? if you are going to boost the characters, a corresponding increase in ap necessary for specials should also be in order. might keep us from getting hit with onslaught and headbutt every turn.

i dunno what else to do. i used to be able to do well at pve, but i'm now finding i can make more hay in pvp, even though that is full of issues too.

Comments

• jredd
    also, how does the levelling go from 55 on node 3, to 155 on node 4?

should it not go from 55 to 80ish? then to 100, 120 and then up to 155.

like i said before, i can't clear a sub if i have to use my best characters on every node past 4...

hello, anyone here?

bueller...
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    PVE scaling hasn't been fully explained, but based on things I've read, I think it is based on your top 3 or 4 characters. Since they've restructured the events, there are 3 trivial/easy nodes, 3 normal/hard nodes, and 3 essential nodes. That's why you're seeing a jump from the 3rd to the 4th node.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    I'd also add, if your nodes are in the 160s on the scaled nodes with a 140 roster, you have it pretty good. My top three are now 175s (since 4* power scales slower) and the rest are 140 capped. My hard nodes are in the 200s with essentials in the 120 to 140s.

Best advice is to think about team composition more than anything going into various nodes. My "best" guys are hb, fury and xf but they'd be miserable together on a team. I'm not sure of your roster but you probably have the pieces for a few of these teams mentioned below.

Hulk bombing with patch is always viable for nodes up to about 75 levels above your roster. Falcon, blade, daken make pretty good work of goon nodes (3* cap can usually solo these in a pinch). If/cyc can take down heavy hitters like ares and jugs with a +2 blue/purple booster and get away mostly scott free (no pun intended). Heck even a good board, b/p boost and classic storm, mnmags and Hawkeye can chew through most teams way above their levels. And even Thor, bp, hood were my staples for a long fight back in the day as long as you put bp in a priority position to hood since they have the same color order.

Oh I use patch, daken and if on the easy nodes with level 50 enemies. Might take a bit longer but it saves a ton on health packs in the long run.
  • I would suggest that you focus on leveling up your characters evenly.

Since you have a handful of characters that are at significantly higher levels, your scaling is being influenced by those. If you have more characters at the same high level, you have more options for the hardest fights. Good luck!
  • jredd
    Cambear2 wrote:
    I would suggest that you focus on leveling up your characters evenly.

Since you have a handful of characters that are at significantly higher levels, your scaling is being influenced by those. If you have more characters at the same high level, you have more options for the hardest fights. Good luck!

easier said than done at basically 1, 3* cover per day and nowhere near the iso needed to level up.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    easier said than done at basically 1, 3* cover per day and nowhere near the iso needed to level up.

Imagine how rough it was for us who were trying to cover 3*s before Deadpool's Daily gave out 1 a day. The game goes in stages. Right now you're cover poor, ISO rich. At some point, you'll get to a point where you're cover rich, ISO poor. Once I get a BP black, KK green, and Bullseye black (all probably from Deadpool's Daily), I'll have all the 3* spec'd how I want them, and leveled to where I want them (140). I've been able to swap back since I've started dupes of 3*. I am cover poor for those dupes, and ISO rich, since I haven't had to level anyone for a while. Others that choose to keep leveling everyone, usually are always gonna be in the cover rich, ISO poor stage from here on out.