Match winning time out

Can we change this, please? I just won a PvP match in the Iron Fist which would have given me points to get into top 25, winning two covers. But when I won the timer had ended and I did not get the points won.

I went into the match with 3 minutes on the clock, but the sheer amount of time lost to the enemy Loki skills timed me out. I won fairly easily, but sat there and watched the seconds disappear to the slow special skills (that purple...grr...).

Surely if you go into a match with time remaining, a win or a loss should still count? Otherwise what's the point even going into a game when there are still minutes available?

Comments

• Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    edited August 2015
    no matter what we adjust to there come a new limit which would run into the same problem.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    For all you know 3 people beat you and it didn't count either.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    The only thing that can TRULY be done to fix this sort of thing is to STOP the idiotic. "Victory Cascades" that only ever happen AFTER you defeat an enemy with almost everyone on your team dead. That literally is you winning, but it not counting, simply because the game is trolling you for those precious last seconds.

Thx.
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    OP - way back in the day, it used to be the case where events wouldn't end until the last match was completed. It was awful. I remember waiting for over an hour before finding out my final ranking in an event because some people would be jerks and not finish their matches.

This system is fair. Everyone in the same time shard has the same end time. And it's you vs the opponent vs the clock. It's actually quite exciting.

Also by doing what you are proposing, you'd be opening a hole where someone could break shield in the last 10 seconds and manipulate the final rankings without the threat of being hit.
  • blinktag
    blinktag Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    As others have said, it's fine.

You know what I'd like to see change? People posting suggestions for changes in "General Discussion" rather than in "Suggestions & Feedback".
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Twombley wrote:
    Otherwise what's the point even going into a game when there are still minutes available?
    Conversely, what's the point in having a timer if it's not enforced?
  • I guess you should probably choose a team that you can beat easily? If this happens, I wonder how many will see the timer < 1min before breaking shield for their last fight.
  • It makes sense that the timer is enforced. But to compensate for winning a match after the timer, either an extra 150 ISO award and/or the characters don't take a loss on their health would be nice.

D3's timer is about 1 minute too fast compared to my atomic clock. I'll win and my clock will be 8:59, but D3 claims the event is over. So much for correct clocks.