An end to wasted resources

Every time I delete a boost offer (like a level 40 moonstone 'power'), I feel a bit sad.

As a full 3* player, this little boosts are just not needed, so why not offer a substitute?

How about a choice: keep the boost or trade for the same amount of iso.
Level 40 boost or 40 iso.
Level 166 boost or 166 iso.
Seems simple enough.

Then we get to choose if we want the reward in two ways, instead of deleting a reward we earned through winning a battle. Play a hard battle, and you could win a 240 boost or 240 iso. They don't happen everytime, so it would feel nice. Deleting doesn't feel nice.

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    This is a pretty good idea. It wouldn't be a huge influx of ISO but better than nothing. Something similar for boosts that are already full would be awesome too.
  • nate461
    nate461 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    icon_e_sad.gif If you get a 3* or 4* cover you can't use, you should be able to trade it with your Facebook friends or alliance members for an equal 4 star or 3 star cover. It is a shame to through these away. icon_e_sad.gif
  • So, the unanimous opinion is to be able to do something with all these 'rewards' that just get deleted.

I would never keep a level 40 boost, it wouldn't do anything, but 40 iso is great, double what I can win for a match sometimes.

Devs - anyone interested in taking this on?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    i upvoted OP on this one, genuinely great idea.. make sure to upvote if you want them to take notice.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    nate461 wrote:
    :( If you get a 3* or 4* cover you can't use, you should be able to trade it with your Facebook friends or alliance members for an equal 4 star or 3 star cover. It is a shame to through these away. icon_e_sad.gif
    "I see you got a Hood Blue! Trade you my Psylocke blue for it! You can steal up to 19 AP with that, not just the puny 1, it's a totally great deal, swears!"

Allowing trading will lead to that, make no mistake. I think something ought to be done with excess covers (a redraw option, an alliance vault, etc), but straight-up trading is fraught with danger IMO.
  • Yeah, I don't want trading with players, just an iso reward for unwanted boost rewards.
  • Dark Nova
    Dark Nova Posts: 56 Match Maker
    I'd like to see an alliance marketplace where unwanted covers can be posted for alliance members to buy with ISO instead. 250 for 2* covers, 500 for 3*, 1000 for 4*, etc. Seller gets the ISO. Maximum 10 covers at any one time. If no-one buys the cover in 2 weeks, it is deleted and the original owner gets the ISO anyway, as if they had sold it back straight away.

This sharing would allow newer alliance members to catch up with veteran members more quickly, leading to better alliance results in PvP and PvE and potentially becoming a method of 4* transition for everyone.
    icon_cool.gif
  • No, that's such a huge programming change.

Keeping the boosts or selling them for iso is the same as unwanted covers. These are all rewards, so no need to delete. We don't delete covers, they are worth something, so why not unwanted boosts?
  • Maybe I'm not understanding. It seems the minimum I can get for a card is 100 ISO. Does anyone know if covers get converted to ISO automatically when they expire? I haven't paid attention.
  • onthebrink wrote:
    Does anyone know if covers get converted to ISO automatically when they expire? I haven't paid attention.
    It's been a couple of months since I last tested this, but expired covers were just deleted without any compensation back then.
  • nate461
    nate461 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    d3 Go, Please help the players out with wasted 3 star and 4 star covers which are so hard to work for and get. My 5 year old Grandson & I have been playing MPQ under our Game name "Nate461". I posted previously and have a new suggestion regarding wasted high value covers.
    In several of the Forums, I and others have commented that it is a waste to throw away a 3 star or 4 star cover that is usually quite hard to work for. I suggested previously that players should be allowed to trade them with Facebook friends or alliance members on a comparable basis (3 star for 3 star). While such a trading system would be a good alternative it is probably very hard to program and maintain. An alternative would be to allow a player to buy a different color (color conversion) for say 10% of the cover cost. Where a 3 star cover costs 1250 Hero Points and the Cover color conversion could be priced at 125 HP, and, a 4 star cover costs 2500 Hero Points and the Cover color conversion could be priced at 250 HP. This would avoid waste and could provide additional revenue to Marvel Puzzle Quest.