Pvp scoring sequence

alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
So if you aren't already aware pvp is generally terrible

But we are all addicts and I'm sure it's a decent revenue generator for you.

My issue today is 4 times in a row I've entered fights to pass 800 points and get the IF purple cover in his pvp.

Each time I've won the fight only to find that I've actually gone backwards during the fight due to attacks.

Now I don't actually think a true pvp system should allow a player who is playing a match to be attacked - how often is a football team asked to play two matches simultaneously - but I'd simply settle for the sequence points are adjusted changing to benefit the player who is actually playing the game.

I win - I get my 35 points added - I pass 800 - I think get my cover - I've been attack and my points go down - ok I'm now worried about my ranking so I'll shield (aka revenue for you).

Instead I come out - find out I did get past 800 points because the UI is so slow to sequence scoring but the game won't recognise that and a second later I'm back at 750 with no cover.

I won't shield in rage at the prospect of paying a company who treats its customers with such contempt to hell with my ranking and I toddle off to think about finding a different game that doesn't hold me in such contempt.

Not that I expect you'll do a thing about it but sooner or later this is why I'll quit the game for good - you'll carry on and barely notice I've gone as new suckers come in everyday but anyone will tell you good business is about having people come back because they want to, not slowly burning through every customer out there and having a large percentage leave in disgust.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    you had me until the rant at the end, i know you are frustrated, and yes, i came soo close to hitting 1k once, 990.. just to get hit every time i won a match, ended up giving up after 3 consecutive fights that should have gotten me there, the last one, i lost over 150 points after.

Yes it needs to change, but remove all the negativity from the end, or it will just be another ignored suggestion.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    double post...
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    you had me until the rant at the end, i know you are frustrated, and yes, i came soo close to hitting 1k once, 990.. just to get hit every time i won a match, ended up giving up after 3 consecutive fights that should have gotten me there, the last one, i lost over 150 points after.

Yes it needs to change, but remove all the negativity from the end, or it will just be another ignored suggestion.

it'd be nice to try a pvp where there are no point deductions for losses. wonder what that'd be like. obviously they'd never do that cause people spend money for shields (right?). but there are all kinds of frustrating aspects with pvp right now.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    it'd be nice to try a pvp where there are no point deductions for losses. wonder what that'd be like.
    I can guarantee you'd see a wall of posts whining that PvP is "too grindy and competitive"
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:

You seriously think the tone of my post will affect whether it's adopted? Because all the nice posts have been listened to ......

The need to understand how frustrated the player base is and when asking nicely on previous threads has led to nothing a small rant is therapeutic - it's about all I expect from this thread anyway so atleast I got it out mys system