Team Up Tile Modification Ideas

Starshatter
Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
edited September 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
I do not like the current team up tiles format. I actually liked the environment tiles better.

1) make team ups NPC's like Grenadiers, Snipers, etc.

2) this one would be AWESOME IMO but would take a LOT of work.
The Marvel Ultimate Alliance console games were great and had a feature where if you hit an enemy with 2 powers at the same time it would do special damage. I would love to see something similar implemented here. Perfect example, Colossus and Wolverine perform the Fastball Special. Make team up tiles the catalyst for performing unique powers between characters. Eg. Storm and Thor can perform "the perfect storm" move that does a TON of damage at the cost of many team up tiles and maybe even some blue and green ap. This would likely give an opportunity to make some not as useful characters more desirable if they team up well with other characters. And would inspire players to break out of their set characters and experiment with new character combos.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards

1) make team ups NPC's like Grenadiers, Snipers, etc.

We would all hoard Threaten and Tommy Gun team ups!
    2) this one would be AWESOME IMO but would take a LOT of work.
    The Marvel Ultimate Alliance console games were great and had a feature where if you hit an enemy with 2 powers at the same time it would do special damage. I would love to see something similar implemented here. Perfect example, Colossus and Wolverine perform the Fastball Special. Make team up tiles the catalyst for performing unique powers between characters. Eg. Storm and Thor can perform "the perfect storm" move that does a TON of damage at the cost of many team up tiles and maybe even some blue and green ap. This would likely give an opportunity to make some not as useful characters more desirable if they team up well with other characters. And would inspire players to break out of their set characters and experiment with new character combos.

This has been suggested many times, special team boosts. Apparently there used to be boosts like this in the game, but they were removed..

That said, Perfect Storm sounds like an amazing ability.. Thor, Storm, QS (he can make little tornadoes!)
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I've got 2 new ideas for this (because I don't like the current format)

1- team up tile matches fill team up ap that is shared among the characters (same as current) however each character has an individual ability that brings in a well known marvel character that will never see their own character in game.
    Eg, Nick Fury team up would be Maria Hill bringing in reinforcements (similar to kingpins yellow)
    Falcon has Wally Wingfoot do a fly over in a Quinjet that does damage to the whole enemy team and destroys a alternating middle strip of the board.
    Deadpool (who apparently never has bullets) has Weasel show up to deliver him some ammo for his gun.

Could be a fun way to add in secondary characters and sidekicks.

Might be neat too to make the team up a 4 cover and change the cover total from 13 to 16 with 5 levels of power for each ability. Allowing greater customization.

2) change team up tiles to momentum tiles. Momentum is something that in fighting/sports/etc has a huge effect. Momentum tile matches would increase the matching teams damage/tile bonuses by a percentage in their favor. This would require a new meter (perhaps green for your team positive and red for your team negative) that would keep track of the amount of momentum in your favor.
    Eg. Momentum is even. Player team matches 3 momentum tiles. The bar goes up by 5% (green). A attack you make that would normally do 100 damage now does 105 damage. Enemy attacks that would do 100 damage now do 95 damage.

This would be cool to incorporate into characters that can change the tide of a battle by a showing of power (goddess Thor) or their leadership qualities (cyclops/captain marvel)
    Change quicksilvers blue to a passive power that gains momentum for your team every turn and his other powers cost less the higher the momentum. Could do something similar with juggernaut.