What are the differences between playing on Steam, Phone?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Just wondering.

Comments

• bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Playing on the phone you can give yourself unlimited Iso/Hero Points/Health and one-hit kills and speed up the game speed with cheats.
  • Please check your title...I believe it should be "steam" not "stream" icon_e_biggrin.gif

Main differences will be screen real-estate. You can see much more detail and art using steam. You can also buy steam deals and specials when they have them. However, match three for me is really meant for touch screen and I prefer my phone over steam. You also get to use your own speakers when you play on PC. You can hear wolverine make a really manly grunt which if that floats your boat we should call you Noah.

But gameplay, story and everything else is the same.
  • bahamut685 wrote:
    Playing on the phone you can give yourself unlimited Iso/Hero Points/Health and one-hit kills and speed up the game speed with cheats.

Seriously?
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They didn't implement any mouse wheel functionality, so we have a really awkward dragging through menus to see the likes of available boots and event rewards. Really annoying.
  • bahamut685 wrote:

Yeah but those cheats are detectable. Or at least devs said they were so. On the other side, with just a little programming background, I'm making my own cheat for the game on steam, which I wouldn't know how to do on ios. My program simply analyse the game board and make matches with automated mouse movement. It's going to be very efficient to farm the first 20 iso mission and yet be undetectable. Also, all of this with very little programming background. There's an online course at edx, called cs50, teaching programming. This could be a great opportunity for everyone to learn programming.
  • bahamut685 wrote:

Seriously?

NO THIS CHEAT IS ONLY FOR THE STEAM VERSION. The cellphone version has a modded game where you can edit the amount of anything you have. covers, levels, iso, HP, life points, "mana". You can edit all of that to 999999999999 and max everything out with the modded phone game
  • The steam version is preferable in almost any way.
  • bonerang wrote:
    The steam version is preferable in almost any way.

Except steam customer support are a-holes compared to google or apple.
    Game play wise yeah steam hands down
  • So basically with the cheats, there needs to be a wall between phone version and pc version.
  • The big problem I have with the steam version is that I find it stupid to sit at the computer to move AP around. This isn't a kind of game I want to play on pc. On the other hand, if I'm watching an hockey game and there's some downtime, I can pick up my tablet and play MPQ casually and it doesn't feel as stupid.
  • I can see the cascading matches better on PC. I also like to be able to see when the opponent has their AP without panning around the screen. I have a 27" monitor so it's pretty cool.
  • bonerang wrote:
    The steam version is preferable in almost any way.

eh... I have both and really only use the phone. If I'm at home playing games I tend to lean towards console games. MPQ is great on the go when your looking to kill a few minutes here and there. I would not pull out my laptop to play MPQ while waiting for my truck to warm-up.
  • So basically with the cheats, there needs to be a wall between phone version and pc version.
    So that the people using different cheats won't see each other? Be interested to know how you think that'd help. If it's as easy to cheat as it's reputed to be, the game needs better security regardless of platform. Getting details out of any developer on how they identify cheating and what they do about it is more or less impossible, though, for obvious reasons.

Steam's bigger. My eyes aren't up to phone games. Could probably manage on a tablet, but I consider touch interfaces new and consequently most likely evil.
  • Both versions have cheaters. As long as they're catching them, it really doesn't matter because they're not part of your bracket once they're caught.
  • On the steam version, spacebar clicks through most menus quickly, so I am able to get in a lot more games in a short amount of time. It's not a huge difference if you're playing hard opponents in long matches, but if you're grinding for ISO 8 in the prologue, I can finish a fight about every 20 seconds.