Loki's Mischief Not Firing or Firing late

Philly79
Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
Today while playing the Loki lightning round there were multiple match-4's by both teams and either Loki's Mischief would fire at the very end or not at all. I was watching for it as I either use a match-4 if I need the color or let the ai take it for my benefit. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This may be part of the weird way the game handles enemy passives that trigger on a tile match. When there's a cascade of match-fours with Loki on the enemy team, Mischief will trigger once during the cascade and then all the other uses will happen after it's over. And if there are no more tiles of the proper color to convert, that "use" of Mischief fizzles. You can see the same behavior if you fight Daken and get a green cascade - you'll see one shot of Pheromone Rage when the first green match happens, and then a bunch of them in a row after the dust settles.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Along those lines, I've also found that if multiple passives trigger on a match, one of them seems to take precedence and happen first, then the others happen after the dust settles. So to borrow the Daken example, a match-4 green would trigger Pheromone Rage, tiles drop, then when the board quiets down Mischief fires.
  • The most likely cause for not seeing the proper number of Mischief activations is to run out of tiles of the specific color to place countdowns on.