Progression rewards

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Is it just me or are they kinda lame?

obv, the 3*/4* cover is the end goal, but a 2* cover at nearly 30,000 points? that takes 4-5 days at a leisurely but steady pace. at least give us an event token for a chance at something better. it's easy enough to get 2* from tokens. and why does the 1000 iso come before the 500? the 500 iso at 33,000 should be 1500 or 2000. quit bein' so stingy.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:

obv, the 3*/4* cover is the end goal, but a 2* cover at nearly 30,000 points? that takes 4-5 days at a leisurely but steady pace. at least give us an event token for a chance at something better. it's easy enough to get 2* from tokens. and why does the 1000 iso come before the 500? the 500 iso at 33,000 should be 1500 or 2000. quit bein' so stingy.

I agree, but chances are we both have maxed 2*s. When i was starting out, and doing my first PVE's, reaching final progression was rare, community scaling assured that, and those 2* covers were great! They have to remember that there are people still new to the game, and rewards need to be there for them as well.

As for the iso, same reasoning, when you are first starting out, reaching final or even some late progressions were not easy, community scaling made it almost impossible, so they put the 1k in early, so you could get a nice chunk of iso to beef up with before you reached the point of not being able to participate.

All of this being said, now that community scaling is gone, they need to revisit some of this. But hopefully this helps with the WHY part.
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Malcrof wrote:
    jredd wrote:

I agree, but chances are we both have maxed 2*s. When i was starting out, and doing my first PVE's, reaching final progression was rare, community scaling assured that, and those 2* covers were great! They have to remember that there are people still new to the game, and rewards need to be there for them as well.

As for the iso, same reasoning, when you are first starting out, reaching final or even some late progressions were not easy, community scaling made it almost impossible, so they put the 1k in early, so you could get a nice chunk of iso to beef up with before you reached the point of not being able to participate.

All of this being said, now that community scaling is gone, they need to revisit some of this. But hopefully this helps with the WHY part.
    Agreed. My 2* transition was done solely in PVE. It wasn't until I had maxed 2*s & began my 3* transition that I started to play both. And as my 3* roster has grown, I have pretty much quit PVE. But I wouldn't wanna be D3 right now, trying to balance out rewards across newbs, 2* transitioners, 3* transitioners, & 4* transitioners. More power to them for doing what I consider to be a fairly good job.
  • jredd
    Ohhhhhhh, you meant PVE progression rewards. Wasn't clear at first. Beyond that...

Progression rewards are participation trophies. Yep, kinda lame. Except the final one. They have tried various approaches. At least they are all easily attainable now. Has not always been the case. As bad as the competitive rewards are, a progression that requires insanely perfect and consistent play is truly soul-crushing.

Not sure why you're complaining about how achievable something is at a leisurely pace. If you really want it then .... pick up the pace.

it's not the pace i'm complaining about, it's the rewards. a 2* reward shouldn't be the 3rd last reward in a 7 day PVE. same for a 500 iso reward as the penultimate progression.

and i said 'steady, yet leisurely' you still need to play fairly often. i can max out progression in 3-4 days if i neglect my family and the rest of my lifestyle. just wish they'd beef it up a little.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I'd like to see the last few 2* rewards replaced with event tokens. The covers they offer as progression rewards are so random anyway. You're likely to get a 2* out of the token anyway, so it amounts to almost the same thing, but with the added bonus of maybe getting something better.
  • jredd
    Cymmina wrote:
    I'd like to see the last few 2* rewards replaced with event tokens. The covers they offer as progression rewards are so random anyway. You're likely to get a 2* out of the token anyway, so it amounts to almost the same thing, but with the added bonus of maybe getting something better.

exactly. or a 2000 iso reward, bigger hp reward, some health packs, a vault token, a pvp shield... i made that last one up (that'd be cool though right, pvp shield rewards). anything would be better than a 2* that comes regularly enough to not have to be a reward in a 7 day PVE.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    jredd wrote:

With 40 3 stars and the number of 4 stars growing by the day, it is never too early to start making that hill a little easier to roll over.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    jredd wrote:

Agreed. My 2* transition was done solely in PVE. It wasn't until I had maxed 2*s & began my 3* transition that I started to play both. And as my 3* roster has grown, I have pretty much quit PVE. But I wouldn't wanna be D3 right now, trying to balance out rewards across newbs, 2* transitioners, 3* transitioners, & 4* transitioners. More power to them for doing what I consider to be a fairly good job.

It's hard but not mind numbing, you always want the part just before end game to be a moderate legnth and end game to be small but consistent strides forward.

2's get maxed somewhat quickly because of number. There aren't nearly as many of anything as 3 stars. You need pvp because pve doesn't single handedly shoulder the distribution. You need pvp because the heroics help, and you need the 3 star before you can even think of using DPD to get more of the 3 star.

It's interesting. I'd love to see them throw out like an exact 'map to the stars' if you will of how and what rate each part of progression should take with light spending.