Am I seeing this right?

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Is the ISO-8 Brotherhood event running for 7 days also? I thought they weren't running consecutive 7-day PVEs.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Is the ISO-8 Brotherhood event running for 7 days also? I thought they weren't running consecutive 7-day PVEs.
    I think you though wrong. But on a different note at least it won't be 12HR subs and giving away a new character.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    7 day event?
    for icon_doctordoom.png ?
    icon_lol.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Don't know if iso event will really run 7 days. If so, I hope it's all 24 hour subs, so that I could get top 50 placement and rake in hp rewards. icon_cool.gif with minimal grinding, hopefully that will leave heal packs for shield. icon_twisted.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    Don't know if iso event will really run 7 days. If so, I hope it's all 24 hour subs, so that I could get top 50 placement and rake in hp rewards. icon_cool.gif with minimal grinding, hopefully that will leave heal packs for shield. icon_twisted.gif
    look at the event preview, ends August 6/7
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Time for a holiday I guess . 'Hopefully' I don't find another another game in the interim.

I hear Path of Exile has a new Chapter!
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    Well that's 7 days to leisurely get my 2000 in simulator at least. I can't handle many more 7 day pves. This one nearly broke me. Once a season would be enough. Or never. Never would be cool.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    gonna play around with essentials and trivials and see where that places me - only doing it for iso. might do a few subs to t50 for some hp too, but only if its convenient. could use a purple to respect my doom but not grinding for it.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    It will be nice to get the event tokens from the subs, but maybe they should double the tokens for 7 day events. They should especially do this for ones that are not new character releases.

Otherwise its such a long grind for the placement rewards, and the progression rewards run out too early as we all know.
  • whine/

i'm too tired now to start another 7 day event. in fact, i'm cross-eyed. icon_eek.gif

/whine
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I'll just be attempting to get to 11,100 for the token. Can't do another 7-days, not after this one. Also missed out on Jean Grey, so that just adds to low morale right now. I played that little node in the Season XVII node...VERY bummed to not get her purpleflag.png as Top 100. Don't know what happened to me either. This marks the first time I can remember having all three essential characters and not hitting top 100. I think the 7-day grindfest was just too much...that and being married, working full-time, and having a 10-month old son going through sleep regression icon_lol.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    7-day event for icon_doctordoom.png? No, no, it's a 7-day event for tokens and ISO. No pressure, just have to finish in the top 40% of each sub!
  • All this talk of slacking just makes me think I got a better shot at doom covers for my baby doom!
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought Doom was good? Slow, but good. Does everyone just already have a covered one?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    I thought Doom was good? Slow, but good. Does everyone just already have a covered one?
    doom is good - lots of health, strong attack tiles and a purple nuke that if set up correctly can one shot most characters in the game. problem is he's slow, which means he's a liability in pvp hopping. he's also unreliable because his traps can be matched/overwritten. his attacks can be matched away. his blue is very expensive and by the time you gather enough, you've just removed much of the blue from the board, so its effectiveness is marginal. when he's boosted, those things are worth it because of the possibility of the nuke. the way I play him is you have to gather purple early then let the traps build while you go do other stuff and then later in the match, you can use the nuke to finish someone off. haven't tried him with witch - that might be fun to try in some pve stuff. oh, and mine is 5/4/4 - need a purple but not going to break my back worrying about it - if that cover doesn't hit until ddq in a month, it wont be the end of the world. might take the weekend off and see where brackets stand on Monday - won't be able to finish strong so, just shooting for a couple t50 subs for hp.
  • The things I gotta do for HP. I got a Doom I need to cover up but I dont really want to really slog through yet another 7-day event.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm I could use doom covers, but I'll join day 6 in a new bracket or something.