Short auto shield for PVP events

I am becoming extremely frustrated with PvP events these days. I can take any non boosted 2 star team pretty much and some 3 star depending how leveled they are. With that I can easily get to the 600 to 700 point range. But there's no point in doing that because I will have to defend way too much and lose the majority of those defenses. Yesterday as the Unholy Outlaw neared end (30 minutes before) all of my heroes were down pretty much and I had no health packs. I was sitting around 650 points I think or maybe 750. and was ranked just above 70 in the event. Well I got back on in a half hour to see I was attacked for over 250 points and was not even in the top 300. That is absurd!!!
I put hours into that event and it was all stripped away, and what was my prize for my time? a recruit token... Frustrating.

I suggest that after a loss of 20 points in a PvP event a shield is given to you, just a 10 to 15 minute shield. This shield would be broken once you attack, and doesn't get generated in the top 50 to keep the higher prizes more competitive. I know D3 makes a lot of money off of shields, but I feel the extremely competitive top 50 players for each event will need to spend that money still, but it will help players like you and me get better rosters and ultimately have more fun.

Thank you for reading please reply with thoughts and related Ideas! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel your frustration.. but here are a couple points.

1. That would mean hundreds of people on temp shields, out of the target list, reducing the points available to even be had, making it so the same people higher up get hit over and over and over.. nope.

2. In my bracket in the Hood PVP, 750 would not get you into T100.. so there is that.

3. If you did get into T100 with an auto shield, you basically just asked D3 to give you free covers and HP without actually doing what everyone else is doing...

4. You say you put hours into the event. with a 2* or 3* transitioning team, do your seed teams, get to the first token, then wait. Do not climb to early, or you are an easy and worthwhile target. Sit at 300-400 points, and wait until the last hour or so to climb, this way, you will have a good 30 minutes to climb without a target on your back, much easier to get T100 that way.

5. If the T100 reward is important to you ,spending 75hp for a shield, knowing you will get 25 of it back, compared to spending 1250 to buy the cover, should be a no-brainer.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Malcrof wrote:
    4. You say you put hours into the event. with a 2* or 3* transitioning team, do your seed teams, get to the first token, then wait. Do not climb to early, or you are an easy and worthwhile target. Sit at 300-400 points, and wait until the last hour or so to climb, this way, you will have a good 30 minutes to climb without a target on your back, much easier to get T100 that way.

I would strongly recommend AGAINST this idea, unless you want to be a points target for everyone else grinding out their last few battles. I'd say grind out your last fights until about 2 hours 45 minutes left in the event, then drop a 3 hour shield and let it ride. If you need more points right in the last few minutes, you can always unshield then.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Malcrof wrote:

5. If the T100 reward is important to you ,spending 75hp for a shield, knowing you will get 25 of it back, compared to spending 1250 to buy the cover, should be a no-brainer.

So true.

Also, if this free shielding existed, then A. Everybody would be scoring more points so B. They would change the progression rewards so that at the 700 point mark you'd be getting your first standard token instead of having gotten 2 event tokens already.