match damage and tanking

Options
TxMoose
TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
ok, I must have an incorrect understanding of the nuances of match damage and tanking. in the hood pvp my 136 hood is boosted to 238. I worked my butt off during the event to scrape enough iso to max cage (which I finished last night - thank you again LRs), which put his boosted number to 240. their yellow/black are same priorities for each and I thought that as levels went up, an unseen decimal place (from the formulas/calculations being applied) is used by the system in determining tanking, even though we only see the whole number/rounded number. I assumed once my boosted cage got to 240, he would tank yellow and black. that is not the case since my 238 hood is tanking yellow and black over my 240 cage in the event.

so, is it that as long as the whole numbers we see are the same, position determines? pretty sure I've come across situations where it didn't follow that (although it was ** vs. *** - not sure if that made a difference), so that is why I assumed the decimal determined. can anyone 'splain? thanks.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As far as I know, unseen decimals only come into play when you're comparing characters with different star ratings.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As far as I know, unseen decimals only come into play when you're comparing characters with different star ratings.
    while that makes no sense to me, that does explain it. hard to keep track of all the inconsistencies in the game. thanks.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's probably a multiplier being applied to scale to 290 as opposed to 240. It's certainly still a decimal mucking up the works.

Why it wouldn't just scale linearly within the same rarity, who knows, but they do weird things.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's probably a multiplier being applied to scale to 290 as opposed to 240. It's certainly still a decimal mucking up the works.

Why it wouldn't just scale linearly within the same rarity, who knows, but they do weird things.

I am still trying to figure out why a 166 3Thor is tanking for a boosted 210 Hulk... hulk should always tank his colors, that is his purpose! Anger is his #1 ability for a reason!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm assuming that since you said they were the same number, and PVP forces the featured character to the middle, that put Hood over Cage.

Center, Left, Right.