Posting ranking in PVE do you think it would be too confusi

Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
confusing and would it be allowed.

Was not sure to post here or over in the tourament thing.

Since we can only see the top 10 and the 10 around us do you think i would help people or confuse them if people started listing their brackets and scores give you an idea what i mean is say i would list it

Slice
Leader XXXX
Lowest rank can see Rank- name --- pts (or just rank and pts)

this why say someone who is ranked 20th would be able to list it down to rank 25 Yet someone who is say rank 50th could list it down to 55th. this would allow the people who are in rank 20th a chance to see what sort of lead they have over lower slots while giving that rank 50th person an idea of how many pts they would need to get up higher..

people who are in the middle could post the drop ranks... Like who is 51th who is 101 and who is 151th

Do you think that would help or just confuse a lot of people icon_e_smile.gif

Mostly right now just keeping a running total to myself what is needed to keep up the ranks.. Like i put how many pts i scored and my ranking. If i can score that many i know i will keep up, or if i score more i would go up or down

Idea in the hulk bracket now what was needed to keep around the same rank
Day 1 11k
day 2 12.5k
day 3 13k
day 4 15k
day 5 16k
day 6 17k

meaning if i take those numbers and the rank of avg pts going up i can figure i would need around 18 to 20k in the final day to hold my rank meaning say if i had
100 K in 20th slot and the 24 person had 90k I could figure that i would need around 10k to hold top 25 (since if 24 would put up those numbers they would have 110 at the end meaning i would only need 10k on that final day)

just wondering

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the bracket threads over in the events section, that is exactly what is done, bracket size, leaders and their scores, etc..
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    In the bracket threads over in the events section, that is exactly what is done, bracket size, leaders and their scores, etc..

all i see over there is bracket size and scores but after the bracket fills nothing more is said..

here you would list the leader and your rank and the lowest rank you can see... maybe overthinking it but would love to know who is lower then i could see to see how much i need to keep playing.. Maybe i just keep my own running tap and figure out the pts on paper and give me my own idea.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    actually I think it might have more utility in pvp in the last 8 hrs of the event. if you're sitting at 35th near the event end, knowing where 25th is could be useful in deciding whether or not using another shield for another hop could be worth it or not. my experience in pve, especially in longer ones, is that once you are several subs into an event, you pretty much know where you stand in the group you're in and those rankings rarely change much (I'm usually somewhere in the 10th-50th range when I play) in the last couple of days unless someone drops and misses a clear or worse, a sub ending. its much harder to will yourself from 35th to 25th in pve (last half of the event) than pvp. however, I'm an info nerd, so more info the better I say. wondering how many slices there are too - if there are 2-3 brackets per slice, that is a lot of info you're asking to be posted - total of 15-20 different brackets? man, good luck sorting all of that.