Once you join a sub-bracket, you stay with them all event

Options
Renaldoo
Renaldoo Posts: 114
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
It did not used to be this way, I am 90% sure. I gave up on Jean Grey after the first sub, so I tested opening the sub around an hour or so before closing each night, and it was always the same. Very demoralizing.

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Renaldoo wrote:
    It did not used to be this way, I am 90% sure. I gave up on Jean Grey after the first sub, so I tested opening the sub around an hour or so before closing each night, and it was always the same. Very demoralizing.

Its been this way since shards were introduced.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Renaldoo wrote:

i dont think the sub bracket are the same as main. I have seen people in my Sub bracket number 1 yet they are not in the top 10 in the main. (then again these might be sandbox people or something cause my main was like 992 and sub was 1000
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Renaldoo wrote:

i dont think the sub bracket are the same as main. I have seen people in my Sub bracket number 1 yet they are not in the top 10 in the main. (then again these might be sandbox people or something cause my main was like 992 and sub was 1000

In every sub after the first, you could be 1st in sub and not top 10 in main, either if you joined later or for other reasons didn't play previous subs hard enough.

In the first sub, it's usually a result of multiple people grinding down the main node, giving them more points than the sub leader.

They're definitely the same brackets though.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    only time I remember seeing it change is when the bracket is broken up in to multiple sub brackets - I think either unstable iso or iso brotherhood had something like 200 player sub brackets while the main was the normal 1K players. those I think filled like regular brackets, first 200 get put in 1, next 200 in another, next 200 in another... there are always early grinders that are not usually on the main leaderboard because that is not the optimal way to score. they lead the sub until towards the end and then all the optimal players pass them. the leaders at the end of the sub are usually the same group that is leading the main - my experience.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know it worked like this a few months ago, at least. I joined an event (I think Thick as Thieves) right at the start of the new bracket and got tossed into a sub with people from the old bracket, and in every sub for the rest of the vent I was still competing with different people in the sub and main brackets.