Why would anyone...?

Options
clay_peterson
clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Why would anyone shield themselves after they've reached 2000 pts in the SHIELD Simulator? There aren't any placement rewards, so there's nothing to be gained.

I guess they're trying to protect their season score, but are they planning on shielding themselves for the remaining 20 days of the season?

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,493 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why would anyone shield themselves after they've reached 2000 pts in the SHIELD Simulator? There aren't any placement rewards, so there's nothing to be gained.

I guess they're trying to protect their season score, but are they planning on shielding themselves for the remaining 20 days of the season?

alliance rankings.

People are going for 2K now because they all want the 10 pack. But most people are staying unshielded and letting scores drop after they get the cover.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Options
    Last few days off season shielding to protect season score. Noticed people shielding this far out last season, can't think of a good reason.
  • Unknown
    Options
    beats me.. 300hp per day for 20days sounds expensive!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only need to shield once for 24 hours to let everyone get their retals done. Unshield, and take your lumps, end up around 1600 or so after normal hits and not 50 retals, and sit there un-noticed, like i did for the last 20 days of last season. If you don't shield during retals, you lose close to 600+ points (learned that the hard way)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Only need to shield once for 24 hours to let everyone get their retals done. Unshield, and take your lumps, end up around 1600 or so after normal hits and not 50 retals, and sit there un-noticed, like i did for the last 20 days of last season. If you don't shield during retals, you lose close to 600+ points (learned that the hard way)

Even then, it's not really difficult to climb back up. I've already climbed to 1800+ twice (finished my 2k last night). I'll fall back again, and I'll climb again. Might do it a few more times actually, because why not.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    but if you do it early enough in the season, getting back to 1700 from 1400 is pretty simple. to me not worth shielding in sim at all unless you need to 1) let health packs recharge in your push for 2K, or 2) towards the end to preserve pts.