Dark Avengers..again and again and again...

Options
Ok, 4th day of the Hulk event and all i'm seeing is the same Dark Avengers over and over again. I guess everybody else is also tired of this.

First, let's go back a while ago. I believe it was Venom heroic, when you had a Thing essential node with Carnage + 2 Muscles.
That heroic was amazing! It's like they listened to all the complaints about the heroics and the Dark Avengers over and over.
There wasn't a single repeated fight nor fights with goons feeding heroes their color powers. Moonstone appeared once or twice and was the only DA.
We fought Torch, Spidey on one day, on the next Dr.Octopus, Mystique and even Cyclops passing as a Dark Avenger. The grand finale was nothing less than rescuing Mary Jane in a final node with Carnage, Venom and Dr.Octopus.

Really amazing PVE, and didn't changed dialogues/story cutscenes. They just changed nodes and added some descriptions to it.

Then came Thick as Thieves, with Hood in pretty much almost all the nodes. Not to mention Juggs. Sometimes being fed yellow/red/green. I believe it was the same event as always. But ok, let's give it a pass because heroic Venom (or w/e heroic it was, was pretty good).

Then Enemy of the State. The same ninjas and Wolverine/Gorgon being fed red/black all over.

Then i believe it was R&G event. The same event, Mystique all over the place, etc etc.

Then came the Psylocke heroic. I was actually looking forward to the heroic, because the story events were completely boring and dull and i was hoping they changed it just like they did it with heroic Venom.
And then...nothing changed. Holy ****, Dark Avengers were back and in full force. Nothing new, no new nodes, new enemy combinations. Nada. Totally disappointed.

Now Hulk. And...Dark Avengers all over the place. Again. To be fair with the Psylocke event, i think they changed some nodes to not repeat fights or not making the same DA appearing more than twice.

But on the Hulk event i believe everything of that was simply ignored. Here, have Bullseye/Daken/Rags on this essential. Beat it? Ok, the other essential is also them again, but with more levels. Beat it? Ok, let's switch Bullseye for Venom on this one.
And this goes for the other nodes as well. On day 4 the focus appears to be Rags/Juggs. And being fed green by goons as well.

I mean, seriously, we have more than 70 characters, dozens of goons and are we really just gonna fight the same guys over and over and over, especially in a 7 day event, which people already dislike? What the hell?

What are the guys who remade the Venom heroic doing? Didn't that heroic just demonstrated you don't need to waste time/money making lots of story events when you can just freshen up the nodes and add some text descriptions?

Maybe we should have been more vocal about that PVE? Maybe D3 just thought "See, we changed the whole Heroic, removed goons feeding color powers, not a single repeated fight, and they just didn't care."
Then TaT, EOTS, Psylocke Heroic... no one complained about things getting repeated over and over. "Yeah, we don't need to change anything, they will just suck it and play."
And now Hulk event, which just pushed this to another level. At least on Psylocke event, they apparently changed nodes to not repeat fights or feature the same enemy too much.

Come on D3, we get it that making events don't make you money, but i doubt changing nodes are gonna blow your budget too.

Comments

• tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lanko8 wrote:
    I mean, seriously, we have more than 70 characters, dozens of goons and are we really just gonna fight the same guys over and over and over?

Sadly, yes. icon_e_sad.gif

The solution for me, because I am SEVERELY burnt the kitty out on Story mode in general, has been to just play your clears every 8 hours, and maybe run a few of the essentials and/or certain not-so-annoying battles near the end of the sub events. Even on a new character event, and a good one at that, this has kept me pretty solidly in the t100 range, and its doing a wonderful job of retaining my sanity. Yes, you're still fighting the same 3-5 characters with the same 5-6 AP powers scaled to astronomical heights. (6,000+ Headbutts for matching red tiles twice. Awesome icon_rolleyes.gif ) But by simply removing yourself from the ridiculous sub-end grind clock, it makes the whole thing 100x more tolerable.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I agree..mix it up with villains. Where are the dozens upon dozens of level 395 Kingpin/Carnage/Scarlet Witch nodes?

On second thought I think I'm okay.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are totally right man, I was going to open a thread like yours.

I am tired and frustrated of always having to play against Ragnarok, Juggernaut and Venom (the others not that much). I HATE THEM!!!! Buf, it is exhausting, and when you want to be top20 you have to play against them A LOT.

And to make things worse this event is 7 day long and the reward is Jean Grey. Sometimes I wonder if people at d3 think things through or they just decide the event and the duration randomly.

D3 STOP USING HULK EVENT!!! We dont want to play this event ever again and we dont want 7 day events. And if you program it again in the future at the very least stop awarding the same green hulk cover!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lanko8 wrote:
    What are the guys who remade the Venom heroic doing? Didn't that heroic just demonstrated you don't need to waste time/money making lots of story events when you can just freshen up the nodes and add some text descriptions?

those guys are now flipping burgers. they were let go when it was realized not enough health packs were being eaten by the nodes.
  • Sullstar
    Sullstar Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Don't get me started on the Bullseye/Moonstone combo. They use it in every single PVE event, more than once per event. It's not even that difficult, but it's so tedious and the games take so much time. It gets boring after the 200th time
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    must of missed the changes.... but i stopped playing pve. i joined the hulk event exclusively to farm iso, playing lower levels for all rewards and once through higher levels grabbing what i can. but even with just doing that, too much Dark avengers!! make deadpool presents skrull events! so we can get some more diversity in PVE.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is a good thing D3 has moved on from the Dark Reign era.....