Answering A Few Questions: Developer Comments (07/27/15)

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your recent questions about Adventure Time Puzzle Quest. Chris from WayForward wanted to provide you with a few acknowledgements and answers. Read on!

Question) Jake sometimes will not heal when matching PB's healing tiles. It seems to have more success when cascaded, in a match 4, or destroyed by an egg tile. Other characters in my party seem to use them without problem. Is this just a bug or does Jake's taunt make heals affect him differently?

Answer) Unfortunately, this is a bug that we are working to fix ASAP.

Question) When using Monster Heart Cupcakes, it appears that it may take multiple cupcakes to level an ability. Is there a way to tell how many it takes for each level?

Answer) Each ability has 3 ranks, meaning you can level an ability 3 times! Each rank grants a boost to that ability or changes it’s functionality. For example, when increasing the rank of Finn’s Column Crusher ability, you can target which column the ability crushes instead of it being random.

Question) Character info panels contain the following information: "Level 99 Rogue Defender / Attack Power 9999 / Maximum Health: 9999". This information appears in each character box. Is this supposed to represent max stats at max level or are they supposed to reflect current level stats? If the former, where can I find the current level's stats?

Answer) A bug that we are working on. Correct info coming soon!

Question) The Hero Coin/Magic Dust cost associated with crafting: is this a required cost to complete the crafted item in addition to the materials or is this an alternate cost?

Answer) The cost is in addition to the materials. If you do not have enough materials, you can craft it for double the currency cost.

Question) Is there a way to get more detailed ability information? It appears that Finn's Column Crusher ability is as follows:
lvl 1: Destroy a random column
lvl 2: Destroy selected column
lvl 3: Destroy a + on selected tile
It would be great if there were a way to get more detailed ability information such as cost, damage, duration, or other effects.

Answer) The listed levels are correct and it costs 8 AP to perform. We will work to get better information on abilities into the game in a future version.

Question) Related note: Is there a way to see current "AP" levels or stores during combat? Super cool that you can store AP and boards during multi-battle nodes though.

Answer) We like that feature, too! We will take a look into adding this info.

Question) Roster Slots?

Answer) We are considering cost adjustments for Roster Slots.

Question) When attacking multiple characters, I'll sometimes switch to a full health target to use an ability as not to overkill the one I was attacking. If this results in the second target dying, the first goes back to full health.

Answer) Sorry, this is a bug. We are working on a fix ASAP.

Question) How on earth are you supposed to know how many pickles you have?

Answer) If you have Pickles, the Pickle Jar on the Prismo screen will say "Free" instead of "Buy."

Question) Why does the game freeze if you try to play with a level 99 character? It will always freeze after you win a battle, right before you would go to the reward screen. Now I can't use my best dude. Well, I can, if I want to restart the game (Including setting my characters and items back up, as they get forgotten every time) after every fight.

Answer) Another bug. We're squashing it ASAP.

Question) If you have an ability that wipes out multiple enemies at the same time, and there are enemies in reserve still, sometimes the enemies will disappear, but the game thinks its their turn (because there are still more enemies that should have come out) and will essentially lock up (waiting for the not-there enemies to attack).

Answer) Apologies, we are working to fix this bug ASAP.

Please reach out to Customer Support if you experience any issues and they will be happy to assist: www.d3go.com/mobile-games-support

Comments

• Hi, my candy kingdom tourney rank usually incorrect.
    Although I can check my current points in tourney Rewards, it didn's show up in my rank.
    Furthermore, I didn't get any tourney reward, when my candy kingdom tourney rank incorrect.
  • Hi, my candy kingdom tourney rank usually incorrect.
    Although I can check my current points in tourney Rewards, it didn's show up in my rank.
    Furthermore, I didn't get any tourney reward, when my candy kingdom tourney rank incorrect.

Version: 1.7.512221
    Player Name: OOXX
    Player ID: e66b63e8-d27f-4e38-a4da-006a4223dd22
    Client ID: 8428997a-871b-4ab2-be3a-f031a7663041
    Device Model: asus PadFone T004
    Device OS: Android OS 4.2.2 / API-17 (JDQ39/TW_PadFone-10.12.3.116-20140116)
    Total RAM: 1863
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    OOXX wrote:
    Hi, my candy kingdom tourney rank usually incorrect.

Version: 1.7.512221
    Player Name: OOXX
    Player ID: e66b63e8-d27f-4e38-a4da-006a4223dd22
    Client ID: 8428997a-871b-4ab2-be3a-f031a7663041
    Device Model: asus PadFone T004
    Device OS: Android OS 4.2.2 / API-17 (JDQ39/TW_PadFone-10.12.3.116-20140116)
    Total RAM: 1863

Hi - It sounds like some players may have experienced this issue and we are working on this fix. Please reach out to support at http://www.d3go.com/mobile-games-support and the team can credit you any missing rewards. Thanks!
  • HyS
    HyS Posts: 10
    Hi, I'm new here, my english is so so, so sorry for that. I have some questions and topics to reviee with you. First, does the levels in the "campaing mode" adjust the difficulty depending on your characters levels?. Two, why I can't create a new post in a different topic?. Three, why I don't appear in the "your rank" section, in the tournament mode?. Four, when I win a battle in the Princess flame tournament, my characters only keep walking instead of taking me to other screen, plus the winning reward it's no given to me. Five, is only a curious question, why is the forum seem to be like abandoned? Is a particular reason or is Just that de game isn't going to be improved any more?. Six, why te point in the Princess bublegumm seems to be buged, when, for example in the ladder screem says I have 150 points and in the "your rank" screen says that my position is 15 with 80 points?. Seven, are you going to release a new patch? If that's the case, when is it going to be?.
    Thanks for yor time, ans sorry for my english and out of topic reply, if that's the case. Goodbye!
  • HyS
    Another thing, I almost finish the campaing mode, but I can't get the final chest from the "treeasure zone" in each mission, why I can't get it? Is it a bug? Do I have to do something else to get them?
  • Hi HyS,

Welcome to the forum!

On to your questions

1. Yes, the game has a dynamic difficulty setting where the battle depends on your characters levels.
    2. There’s a requirement for all new users to the board. Please check the pinned topic on the boards
    3. The “your rank” section is an odd bug, please make sure you’re on the current version (1.8.X)
    4. It sounds like you had a bad connection after the Princess flame tournament. Please restart the app. The rewards can take up to several hours to deliver due to the amount of users the server has to process.
    5. We are still hanging around here on the boards ^_^;;
    6. “your rank” position sounds like a refresh bug. We recommend restarting the app again. If it’s still happening, please put a customer ticket.
    7. Yes, there will be a new update coming really soon. Some major changes and fixes. There will be an announcement on the forum for that.
    8. The treasure is very random and you may just be unlucky. It took some people about 4-5 times before a key appeared. Can you give us any more details?

Thank you,
  • HyS wrote:
    Four, when I win a battle in the Princess flame tournament, my characters only keep walking instead of taking me to other screen, plus the winning reward it's no given to me.
    SilverHawk wrote:
    4. It sounds like you had a bad connection after the Princess flame tournament. Please restart the app. The rewards can take up to several hours to deliver due to the amount of users the server has to process.

I think you misunderstood what he meant about the rewards (I understand what you mean about it taking a few hours, once the tournament ends, it does indeed take several hours for your rank rewards to be distributed). In the Flame Princess PvP tournaments, more often than not I will finish a battle, and my characters start the walking motion as if the battle is over and you're about to see the PvP results screen that also shows what small reward you earned for winning this one fight (Like a dirty sock, or a potion). Except that it never happens, the screen stays stuck on the characters moving. There is no option to quit the battle, no small reward is given, no PvP points are earned. Your characters are just stuck on this screen until you force close the game.

I have tried experimenting with ways to resolve this. I've played on WiFi and 4G, happens on both. I've closed all other apps on my phone, doesn't work. I've tried restarting my phone and having ADPQ be the first and only app open, I still get stuck watching my characters walk endlessly with no option to quit, except to force close the game.
  • HyS
    (SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH)

Well, hi again. First of all, thanks for the quick reply! Awesome answering all my questions. I must say that the more time I play the game, the more I love it but the more bugs I find in it. I expect that you find my reviews constructives.

1) There is a bug in the spanish version. The game is translated only the half. From the loading screen up to the tournament mode, it's usually to see the game translated in some parts, and some others no, making a big trouble, not for me exactly, but for some friends I have for example, yes.
    2)I've already check my game version and it's the 1.8.X and it's still possible to see in the tournament three bugs: first, in the ladder screen says I have "x" points but in the "your rank" screen shows another and even in the "top 5"(when I'm in the top 5) shows another.
    Ex: Ladder- 250 points.
    Your rank- 70 points.
    Top 5- 130 points.
    This might happends when I reach the last chest in the ladder, and starts again, the points start to go wrong.
    Second, there's a bug where I cannot see my position, when i'm in the "your rank" section, the game says to me the five players and more or less the position where I seems to appear, but my name doesn't shows up.
    And third, with the princess flame, I swear my connection is fine, but my team just keep walking when a battle ends. I tried the game with my tablet and doesn't have this problem. However, it does happends other people I know. Could be the device? I have a Sony Xperia Z3.
    3)I've been searching and found a character class list, a trinket list, a food and a potion list. Does exist a character and their hablities list? Plus I think those list are outdated, correct me if not.
    4) I've already rank up the bronce and the passive habilities of 5 of my favorites characters, but in all of them happends the same, the information stays the same, doesn't change anything, I mean in the description. But I have my doubts with respect to the percentege improvement that the rank up give with the passive ones, becouse Finn for example, doesn't seems to avoid more attacks than before, the passive seems to not make the big difference in the characters. Is this on purpouse or is it a bug?. Nevertheless it does happend that in the description of the habilities no matter if you rank it up or not, it stays the same, giving a poor information in late game. For example, the bronce hability of Finn, says that if you rank up, you will be able to choose where to destroy the colors, but when you do that, it doesn't change, and you can't know what will happend if you rank up another one, or if it is convenient or not to do it.
    Thanks for your time!
  • SweetLou wrote:
    HyS wrote:
    Four, when I win a battle in the Princess flame tournament, my characters only keep walking instead of taking me to other screen, plus the winning reward it's no given to me.
    SilverHawk wrote:

I think you misunderstood what he meant about the rewards (I understand what you mean about it taking a few hours, once the tournament ends, it does indeed take several hours for your rank rewards to be distributed). In the Flame Princess PvP tournaments, more often than not I will finish a battle, and my characters start the walking motion as if the battle is over and you're about to see the PvP results screen that also shows what small reward you earned for winning this one fight (Like a dirty sock, or a potion). Except that it never happens, the screen stays stuck on the characters moving. There is no option to quit the battle, no small reward is given, no PvP points are earned. Your characters are just stuck on this screen until you force close the game.

I have tried experimenting with ways to resolve this. I've played on WiFi and 4G, happens on both. I've closed all other apps on my phone, doesn't work. I've tried restarting my phone and having ADPQ be the first and only app open, I still get stuck watching my characters walk endlessly with no option to quit, except to force close the game.

Hi SweetLou,

Version 1.9 just got released, please let us know if you are still having that "walking" issue after the tournament battles. Thanks!
  • HyS wrote:
    (SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH)

Well, hi again. First of all, thanks for the quick reply! Awesome answering all my questions. I must say that the more time I play the game, the more I love it but the more bugs I find in it. I expect that you find my reviews constructives.

1) There is a bug in the spanish version. The game is translated only the half. From the loading screen up to the tournament mode, it's usually to see the game translated in some parts, and some others no, making a big trouble, not for me exactly, but for some friends I have for example, yes.
    2)I've already check my game version and it's the 1.8.X and it's still possible to see in the tournament three bugs: first, in the ladder screen says I have "x" points but in the "your rank" screen shows another and even in the "top 5"(when I'm in the top 5) shows another.
    Ex: Ladder- 250 points.
    Your rank- 70 points.
    Top 5- 130 points.
    This might happends when I reach the last chest in the ladder, and starts again, the points start to go wrong.
    Second, there's a bug where I cannot see my position, when i'm in the "your rank" section, the game says to me the five players and more or less the position where I seems to appear, but my name doesn't shows up.
    And third, with the princess flame, I swear my connection is fine, but my team just keep walking when a battle ends. I tried the game with my tablet and doesn't have this problem. However, it does happends other people I know. Could be the device? I have a Sony Xperia Z3.
    3)I've been searching and found a character class list, a trinket list, a food and a potion list. Does exist a character and their hablities list? Plus I think those list are outdated, correct me if not.
    4) I've already rank up the bronce and the passive habilities of 5 of my favorites characters, but in all of them happends the same, the information stays the same, doesn't change anything, I mean in the description. But I have my doubts with respect to the percentege improvement that the rank up give with the passive ones, becouse Finn for example, doesn't seems to avoid more attacks than before, the passive seems to not make the big difference in the characters. Is this on purpouse or is it a bug?. Nevertheless it does happend that in the description of the habilities no matter if you rank it up or not, it stays the same, giving a poor information in late game. For example, the bronce hability of Finn, says that if you rank up, you will be able to choose where to destroy the colors, but when you do that, it doesn't change, and you can't know what will happend if you rank up another one, or if it is convenient or not to do it.
    Thanks for your time!

Hi HyS,

1. I will let the developer team know about the Spanish translations.
    2. Version 1.9 was just released today, please update and see if the bugs are still there are not.
    3. I will check with the developer on this list.
    4. When you rank up, you will see a noticeable difference with the passive abilities. Are you fighting higher level characters? Could you give us more info.

Thanks!
  • HyS
    (Sorry for my english)
    Well, after a few days of playing and testing the game, now I'm ready to judge it.
    With the new patch release came lots of changes, some of them are correct, and some of them no, in my opinion:

1)In the tournament mode, there still are some bugs and glitches. For example a big failure is in the Princess Flame tournamet. It exists 2 kind of victory reward (3 if we count the winning battle reward), one of them if the classification rewards, that is fine, the other one, the amount of winning reward it should be changed, becouse to get the maximum reward to have to win always ridiculous amount of winnings, like 120 wins. In the Princess Bubblegum in the winning chest, to have to reach 120 points, and each battle gives you 10. In the PF tournament, even in the most active tournament I had, I've never seen a player getting more than 50 or 60 winnings, so that's ridiculous, and it should be changed.
    2)With the new patch comes, for me, the more polemical issue, and is the "crafting materials" for potions and stuff. They still are in the PF tournament, the are still given as a reward, worse than that, the color sacks the characters drops in the campaing mode, still give crafting materials, also the chest given in the campaing mode, also, the rewards still drop this materials more than any other useful item, such as coins or magical dust.
    3)Another thing to be mentioned, related with the point above, is the infinty of potions, food and trinket you can buy. Before the last patch, the poitions were very useful, but also hard ti get or craft, now that magic loses a little bit. I think, that should be change, selling the items more expensive would be a good solution.
    4)Sometimes still happens when I'm in PB tournament in top 5, my name doesn't shows up.
    5)Still are very serious bad translations mistakes in spanish version. Now with the patch, worse than ever. Still happends, at least in spanish version, when the characters are runk up in any of their habilities, the still have the same desciption. The translation from the loadding screen up to every word that have "tilde" like "Poción" appears as "Poc'on", and it's just wrong. Also has the before this patch translations mistakes, that some parts of the game just aren't translated at all.
    6)A bug related with the point above, happends at least in the spanish version, and is that the dialogue balloon Choose Goose says is empty. Also in choose goose are translations mistakes. Plus, in the spanish version Choose goose appears as fabrication, instead of choose goose.
    7)The same as choose goose happends with the new interface of Prismo pickles, this happends at least in Spanish version, don't know if in any other or original language happens, should be check. The issue is that below the images of the different kind of characters you can choose to give to Prismo, the spaces are empty, and doesn't says anything.
    8)How does the matching battle PF tournament mechanism works? Becouse, if I have 3 or 4 different teams, and the are all at different average of level, like one has average of 50, the other average of 30 and the other of 10. The PF tournament always matches my opponent as I'm playing with my highest team.
    9)How does the passive hability works? I made a little experiment to see how far I could get this. I battle with opponents 20 times in 3 different modes, one in PB tournament, one in PF tournament, and one in campaing mode. I tried with high levels teams, as you recommended(team average level of 60) and in the 3 cases the warrior passive of Finn(rank 3) worked only 18 battles of 60. Also, only in 8 of 18 of them, worked more than 1 time, and 2 of 8 of them, worked more than 2 times. So, a Finn's passive ranked up to level 3 worked a little bit higher than 15%(counting that in 10 battles of 18 worked just once) . In Jake this doesn't happened, the passive of the tank ranked up to 3, worked in almost all the battle in each battle. The other class charcaters couldn't prove yet. I think it would be fine to put some porcentage possibilties in the description of the characters.
    With no more to say, I hope this helps the game. Thanks for reading!
  • SilverHawk wrote:

Hi SweetLou,

Version 1.9 just got released, please let us know if you are still having that "walking" issue after the tournament battles. Thanks!

Hello,

I also wanted some time to play around for a few days before reporting back.

I like some of the changes that came with this patch, especially the changing of the crafting system over to a store system where you sell ingredients that you earn and buy the items you want. It's always nice to have another way to earn gold coins, even if it's only a few coins per battle.

It seems like the forever walking glitch happens a lot less often than before, but it is still occurring. I'm still not sure what makes it happen, or if it is even one single thing that makes it happen. I sometimes think one of the problems is when my screen goes to sleep because I have to put my phone down mid-battle, or changing apps temporarily, might be causing the glitch. It's hard to test because once it starts happening, even if I force close the game and re-open, the glitch will keep happening, usually until the tournament ends and a new one starts. But even that is not guaranteed to make it go away. And there have been times the glitch has gone away and I've been able to resume earning PvP points. I wish I could provide more details help further diagnose this.
  • HyS
    SweetLou wrote:
    SilverHawk wrote:

Hi SweetLou,

Hello,

I also wanted some time to play around for a few days before reporting back.

I like some of the changes that came with this patch, especially the changing of the crafting system over to a store system where you sell ingredients that you earn and buy the items you want. It's always nice to have another way to earn gold coins, even if it's only a few coins per battle.

It seems like the forever walking glitch happens a lot less often than before, but it is still occurring. I'm still not sure what makes it happen, or if it is even one single thing that makes it happen. I sometimes think one of the problems is when my screen goes to sleep because I have to put my phone down mid-battle, or changing apps temporarily, might be causing the glitch. It's hard to test because once it starts happening, even if I force close the game and re-open, the glitch will keep happening, usually until the tournament ends and a new one starts. But even that is not guaranteed to make it go away. And there have been times the glitch has gone away and I've been able to resume earning PvP points. I wish I could provide more details help further diagnose this.

The glitch SweetLou said it also happens to me. Once the keep walking problem ocurres, it can't be fixed until the tournament ends.
  • The Dev team is looking into this. With that said, they just released a new update 1.91, try that update and let us know if it's still happening. Thanks!