Here's an idea for alliance vaults

Options
Asmodius37
Asmodius37 Posts: 32
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I have seen people post things about having alliance vaults and so on. I think this is a really good idea, and should definitely be put into the game. Then it also got me to thinking about a prize system within a given alliance. I always see at the end of a major event that lets say so and so is first, I may be 2nd or 3rd, and so on. While this gives you bragging rights in your alliance, it doesn't seem to serve any other function. So I thought to myself, "What if they made your position actually matter within your alliance at the end of major events in PvE, PvE, and could even apply it to lets say Seasonal." Here is what I came up with by just jotting down some notes....

Alliance Vault System - Players that are part of a given alliance could instead of selling items for iso8.png , they could place them within the vault of their respective alliances. One of the stipulations of this would be that the person would have to be AT MINIMUM a member for that alliance for a week (maybe even 2 or more). They would also be unable to spend any alliance cardpack.png 's at that alliance's vault till that requirement was met. Alliance cardpack.png 's would be items created to basically give pulls in any given alliance's vault.

So how do we get items in an alliance vault? These are the ways I came up with. Keep in mind, this was just from brainstorming, it by no means is a perfect system. Also it would be worth noting that alliance tokens would be sold and possibly priced like this - (50)/200 for x1 cardpack.png , (1800)/2000 per 10 cardpack.png , and (7600)/8000 per 42 cardpack.png (you'd get 2 cardpack.png 's free). A small note, (amount)'s = price for first one, the number next to it would be the price for additional cardpack.png 's.

1) Whenever an alliance member adds a 3 star.png cover, two 2 star.png covers are added in addition to it.
2) Whenever an alliance member adds a 4 star.png cover, three 2 star.png covers are added in addition to it.
3) Whenever an alliance member buys a 10 cardpack.png , whether it be an alliance one or any other being promoted at the time, a 250 imcoin.png vault prize would be added to that alliance's vault. If a 40 cardpack.png (or 42 cardpack.png ) would be bought from an alliance or any other in game token promotion, a 1000 imcoin.png vault prize would be added to that alliances vault.
4) For iso8.png and imcoin.png purchases made in the resource section (where you buy that kind of stuff), vault prizes would be added accordingly. For a purchase of "Logan's Loonies", a prize of 250 imcoin.png would be added. For "Asgard Treasure", 2 prizes of 250 imcoin.png would be added, and 1 prize of 500 imcoin.png would be added as well. For a purchase of "Stark Salary", one prize of 1000 imcoin.png 's would be added, two prizes of 500 imcoin.png 's would be added, and 4 prizes of 250 imcoin.png would be added to the alliance's prize vault. As far as iso8.png prizes, "Hidden Stash" would add a 1500 iso8.png prize. For "Rich Deposit", a prize of 5000 iso8.png would be added, and 2 prizes of 1500 iso8.png would be added. For "Mother Lode", a prize of 10,000 iso8.png would be added, 2 prizes of 5000 iso8.png would be added, and 4 prizes of 1500 iso8.png would be added.
5) For healthpack.png 's, I figured the best way to go about it would be for every 5 pack of them, to add a 5 pack of healthpack.png 's to the alliance vault, since I'm sure people buy them enough to make it worth it.

6) Alliance ranking at the end of an overall event would add to your alliance's vault. Here are some examples: Alliance rank less than 500 would add a 1500 iso8.png prize to your alliance vault. For 251 - 500, you'd get +2 1500 iso8.png prizes added to the alliance vault. Top 101 - 250 would get +2 1500 iso8.png and +1 250 spideycoin.png prizes added to their vault. Top 51 - 100 would get +2 1500 iso8.png prizes, + 1 250 imcoin.png , and +1 of the alliance cover prize added to their vault (note, this wouldn't add any 2 star.png covers like donating covers would). Top 26 - 50 would get +2 1500 iso8.png , +2 250 imcoin.png , +1 500 imcoin.png , +1 5000 iso8.png , and +1 alliance cover prize added to their respective vaults. Top 11 - 25 would get the prizes top 50 gets, in addition to an additional +1 5000 iso8.png prize, and +1 500 spideycoin.png vault addition. Top 10 would get the same as top 25 gets, in addition to getting +1 1,000 spideycoin.png prize, and +1 10,000 iso8.png prize added to their alliance's vault. Top 2 would get the same prizes as top 10, but in addition to that, instead of just the one event cover top 100 alliances would get, they would get one of EACH color added to their alliances vault.

As far as an additional way to get these tokens, I toyed around with the idea of offering them as prizes (in addition to other stuff) at the end of major events as part of a prize pool. I have it set like this (keep in mind these totals could be adjusted accordingly).

1) Alliances with 5 or less eligible members (people who have been in the alliance at least a week or more), would have a prize structure like this - 1st would get x2 alliance cardpack.png 's, 1,000 iso8.png , and 25 imcoin.png . Place 2-3 would get x1 cardpack.png and 500 iso. Place 4th and 5th would just get a cardpack.png.
2) Alliances with 10 or less eligible members, would be like this: 1st - x3 cardpack.png 's 1,000 iso8.png , 25 imcoin.png . Place 2-3 get x2 cardpack.png 's, 1,000 iso8.png . Place 3-5 get x2 cardpack.png 's, and 500 iso8.png . Place 6 - 10 get x1 cardpack.png , and 500 iso.
3) Alliances with 15 or less eligible members would be like this: 1st - x5 alliance cardpack.png 's, 1,500 iso8.png , and 50 spideycoin.png . Place 2-3 would get x3 cardpack.png 's, 1,000 iso8.png , and 25 imcoin.png . Place 4-9 would get x2 cardpack.png 's, 500 iso8.png. Places 10-15 would get x1 cardpack.png , and 500 iso8.png.
4) Alliances with 16 - 20 eligible members would be like this: 1st - x1 10 cardpack.png of alliance covers, 2,000 iso8.png , and 50 imcoin.png . Place 2-3 would get x5 cardpack.png 's, 2000 iso8.png , and 50 imcoin.png 's. Places 4-5 would get x3 cardpack.png 's, 1,000 iso8.png , and 25 imcoin.png . Places 6-10 would get x2 cardpack.png 's, 1,000 iso8.png. Places 11-20 would get x1 alliance cardpack.png , and 500 iso8.png .

I think you could feasibly be a bit more generous with tokens in this case since items would keep piling up and so on. I'd probably add a fail safe that would only let you start getting stuff out of the vault when there was AT LEAST lets say 300 or so items (could easily be more if needed), to prevent exploits. After that, the vault could be drawn from till it got under a certain amount of items or w/e, then it would need to be restocked back to w/e the established minimum would be. So in this case I'd have to say you initially would need to build your vault up to like 100 - 300 items (or whatever seems fair). Lets say its 300 for purposes of this example. You'd start with 300, then be able to draw from it as per normal, and lets say its 'restock' point would be roughly at 50 items (in the oddball chance that someone uses a 42 pack or something). If it gets to 50 or less, it would have to be restocked back to 300. I think some of the finer features of this system would be that the players get to stock the vaults, MPQ still makes money, and alliances become more relevant to be in and be a long time member of. Perhaps mercs may not be fond if this idea, but mercing has its own benefits. This is a very rough draft, but you guys get the basic idea I'm sure. Let me know what you think. If you like it, feel free to up vote it. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    that post hurts my eyes.

I do like some of the mechanics though. You should add this to the suggestions threads.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with Malcrof, it's difficult to read.

Not sure what it says but I had an Alliance Vault idea that the Alliance only had access to 1 Taco Vault each 5-day cycle: 20 Members x 2 Tacos per 5-day DDQ = 200 pulls (or less).

Each member can either pull twice a day or up to 10 times at the end of 5 day cycle. No hording, if you are not logged in on the 5th day, your tokens are auto opened and you will be rewarded with your pulls next time you open your game. Everyone has a better shot at the 3-4* covers than they current do with 10 pulls out of 300 or hording for months.

Thoughts? It'll be more interesting than the current model.