Devil Dinosaur hits my daily reward in two days or so

Options
DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
if I'm not a cover purchaser, is he worth rostering? Will he ever go beyond 1/1/1 without buying covers?

Comments

• d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    if I'm not a cover purchaser, is he worth rostering? Will he ever go beyond 1/1/1 without buying covers?

Really depends on whether D3Go will reuse him during the anniversary event this year. Mine's got more covers than that (1/5/2), and everything above 1/1/1 is from last year's Anniversary events.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    d0nk3y wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Really depends on whether D3Go will reuse him during the anniversary event this year. Mine's got more covers than that (1/5/2), and everything above 1/1/1 is from last year's Anniversary events.

That's the only way to get him? Hrm.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd say he's worth the wait to roster and find out if he'll be available again. I've seen him maxed from time to time in PVP and that match is an automatic skip everytime! I have mine at 2/1/2 and some great draws during Anniversary Week last year on Anniversary tokens. I would hope D3 rolls out more covers for this year's Anniversary Week! If Bagman is still hanging around, Devil Dino should definitely make another appearance!
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    Options
    They have stated they will only release him as an anniversary event. That is all. He is purposefully a trophy champion who was made weaker than all the other 4*s. Unless you're a collector, he's absolutely not worth keeping.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Agree with wirius. The only upside is that Devil Dino requires less iso to level than the other 4*s, so you could sort of make an argument for him on that basis. On the flip side, there's an opportunity cost in that, and I'd rather spend my iso on someone with similar HP, and better abilities.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    With the addition of kk, DD can be very annoying when paired with her.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Heartburn wrote:
    With the addition of kk, DD can be very annoying when paired with her.

That was actually the biggest argument in favor of rostering him when I saw him coming up.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    the most probable outcome is that he will be a roster slot sink, never being a top tier 4*, and costing you those marginal few hundred HP for however long you hold on to him.

But if he is ever made more available, or altered to become even more playable, you will really kick yourself over those missing 3 covers.

And of course if you buy the roster slot now you can always sell him later. Roster slots are basically the only permanent good you can purchase in this game, so whenever there is a choice between "should I buy an extra roster roster slot?" or "anything else" the right answer is usually roster slot.

Plus if you get rid of him, you never get to experience the fun of using his purple with starlord's yellow (and KK's passive, or carnage's).
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    the most probable outcome is that he will be a roster slot sink, never being a top tier 4*, and costing you those marginal few hundred HP for however long you hold on to him.

But if he is ever made more available, or altered to become even more playable, you will really kick yourself over those missing 3 covers.

And of course if you buy the roster slot now you can always sell him later. Roster slots are basically the only permanent good you can purchase in this game, so whenever there is a choice between "should I buy an extra roster roster slot?" or "anything else" the right answer is usually roster slot.

Plus if you get rid of him, you never get to experience the fun of using his purple with starlord's yellow (and KK's passive, or carnage's).

Well, the good news is, I have enough HP banked that I can buy another roster slot at my $5 impulse buy price point on top of the pending one should I be fortunate enough to grind my way into a Jean Grey cover, with a couple hundred HP left over.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I maxed his covers on the Anniversary event, and haven't bothered leveling him since. He isn't very good (other than his purple) and never featured. He really is just a trophy if anything.