Cover Conversion

alphabeta
alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
So I see a lot of posts about rainbow tokens so you pick the cover colour you get or cover trading.

I guess I'm sceptical that either of these are viable as its likely to effect the economics of the game for d3 so I've been thinking about something that might achieve roughly similar outcomes for players but also protect or generate revenues for d3 (and therefore be more likely to be adopted)

When you draw a cover for a character that you want but you want it to be for one of the other powers/colours have a small HP cost for a conversion.

I just drew Scarlett Witch Purple from a standard token - won't see another gold now for like a month from standards and yet I have her currently 522 - selling the purple cover for 500 iso annoyed me more than never seeing gold from standard tokens.

If for say 50 hp I could have converted that to a blue cover for her I'd have been delighted and some HP would have left me to go to the game - if I'd have been without ISO I would have immediately gone and spent really money buying some because it would have felt a worthwhile use of a bit of money.

Micro transactions like this will generate exponential revenue streams because people are more likely to pay say 50 hp to convert the colour on a 3* or 100 hp for a 4* than the few who drop big money buying covers at 1250 or 2500 hp respectively.

Limit it to just cover drawn from tokens if you want and not those from progressions but for me I'd spend a lot more money and my feeing towards the game would be a lot better - as it is every bad luck token draw is more annoying than another 2* Cap Marvel draw.