losing match in pve then less points available fix anything?

Options
nwman
nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So could causing available points to decrease after a loss help spread out scores more to help avoid a grind fest?

Right now it hurts your time having to replay stages which hurts placement, but until final grinds everyone playing optimal will have the same score. You see players that jump in slightly early with 1 - 10 less points sometimes.

But what if when you lose the points go down by 5 - 10 (or more?) or whatever the number of minutes that corresponds to as well.

No one seems to be able to come up with a good system in regards to refresh timers and the grind, maybe this could help.

I know in enemy of the state if you lose a survival wave node after winning one of the waves the refresh timer goes down, and that's what gave me this idea.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    Options
    No one can come up with a good system because they all focus on the wrong thing. THE COMPETITION NEEDS TO GO! PVE shouldn't be a competitive arena
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nwman wrote:
    So could causing available points to decrease after a loss help spread out scores more to help avoid a grind fest?
    Simple answer, no, because people engaging in a grindfest are generally never wiping. And besides, why would you want to hurt someone even further when they wipe?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    No one can come up with a good system because they all focus on the wrong thing. THE COMPETITION NEEDS TO GO! PVE shouldn't be a competitive arena
    Say it again for those guys in the back.

All of these ideas for grinding but grinding less or effecting others peoples grinds don't help.

The system as is, is the best way of rocking with competitive pve.

The idea is, we don't want competitive pve, these threads are just about jealousy at not having a roster or the time to grind up to those with the rosters/ time for it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

No competition mean no or lesser prize. If you want no competition, you can play story mode. If you prefer progression, then play Shield Simulator. I don't understand why people can't accept the fact, only a few % can get top prize and time & effort equal reward.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Options
    There is a non-competitive PvE event, it's called the gauntlet.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    KK Bundy wrote:
    There is a non-competitive PvE event, it's called the gauntlet.
    having trouble finding it in my event tiles....

actually the gauntlet is ALWAYS pointed to as a positive, successful way to present a pve. it is what I think most all pves should be. with some variations for story.
  • simonsez
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    actually the gauntlet is ALWAYS pointed to as a positive, successful way to present a pve.
    Not by everyone. Some people hate gauntlet and prefer current PvE as the lesser of two evils.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    actually the gauntlet is ALWAYS pointed to as a positive, successful way to present a pve.
    Not by everyone. Some people hate gauntlet and prefer current PvE as the lesser of two evils.
    fair - not everyone loves gauntlet. I can accept that. I just prefer it over the 7 day events they have.

I should clarify - I prefer a gauntlet to a 7-day. the 3 and 4 day events are really ok as is because I can pick and choose and if I take one off, another is just a few days away. my main problem is the 7-day pves.
  • simonsez
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    my main problem is the 7-day pves.
    Agreed, they're unnecessary. If PvPs were 7 days, people would probably hate those too.
  • simonsez
    Options
    Whoever clears all nodes and never wipes will have a perfect score, and all perfect scores get the top prize
    I see two potential outcomes to this: they either ramp up the difficulty significantly, which means those that suffer from unfair scaling to begin with will be totally screwed; or the end up giving out way, way, way more 4*s than they ever intended to. I have a hard time believing they would let the latter happen. Thus, you're looking for PvE to basically become a competitive gauntlet in which one wipe means you lose. This sounds way more stressful and unfun than the PvE we have now.
  • simonsez
    Options
    At worst, 1 wipe would mean second place prize.
    Or maybe not. Generally if there's a 500-way tie for 1st, the next group of people are tied for 501st, not 2nd. Guess the question is, how much a drop off in prizes there'd be between 0 wipes and 1.