Question time!

Unknown
edited August 2015 in ATPQ General Discussion
I've been playing for a little over 24 hours and there are a few matters I am confused or otherwise uninformed on. Here's hoping someone can enlighten me (and anyone that may be wondering!) Here we go:

1) Jake sometimes will not heal when matching PB's healing tiles. It seems to have more success when cascaded, in a match 4, or destroyed by an egg tile. Other characters in my party seem to use them without problem. Is this just a bug or does Jake's taunt make heals affect him differently?

2) Character info panels contain the following information: "Level 99 Rogue Defender / Attack Power 9999 / Maximum Health: 9999". This information appears in each character box. Is this supposed to represent max stats at max level or are they supposed to reflect current level stats? If the former, where can I find the current level's stats?

3) When using Monster Heart Cupcakes, it appears that it may take multiple cupcakes to level an ability. Is there a way to tell how many it takes for each level?

4) The gold coin/magic dust cost associated with crafting: is this a required cost to complete the crafted item in addition to the materials or is this an alternate cost?

5) Is there a way to get more detailed ability information? It appears that Finn's Column Crusher ability is as follows:
lvl 1: Destroy a random column
lvl 2: Destroy selected column
lvl 3: Destroy a + on selected tile
It would be great if there were a way to get more detailed ability information such as cost, damage, duration, or other effects.

6) Related note: Is there a way to see current "AP" levels or stores during combat? Super cool that you can store AP and boards during multi-battle nodes though.

7) Roster slots icon_e_sad.gif

Thank you!

EDIT:

8) When attacking multiple characters, I'll sometimes switch to a full health target to use an ability as not to overkill the one I was attacking. If this results in the second target dying, the first goes back to full health icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• 1) I assume it's a bug. Ice King also will not heal if he matches healing tiles. I find that the only way for Jake and the Ice King to properly heal off of healing tiles is if they can blow them up with explosive tiles. icon_e_sad.gif

2) Just looks like a very unfinished game, to me. icon_e_sad.gif

3) There is no way to tell. However, you can only level an ability three times! I know this because after using the cupcakes three times on one character, I could no longer feed them to that character. And then, after some reflection (From observation of how the abilities act at each level), it made sense to me that there would only be three levels to each ability.

4) It appears to be required.

5) There doesn't seem to be. I agree with you! That would be really great.

6) I don't think so.

7) So expensive! icon_e_sad.gif

8) Ouch. There are definitely... some kinks to be worked out. icon_e_sad.gif

I'll add a few of my own questions!

9) How on earth are you supposed to know how many pickles you have?

10) Why does the game freeze if you try to play with a level 99 character? It will always freeze after you win a battle, right before you would go to the reward screen. Now I can't use my best dude. Well, I can, if I want to restart the game (Including setting my characters and items back up, as they get forgotten every time) after every fight.

11) If you have an ability that wipes out multiple enemies at the same time, and there are enemies in reserve still, sometimes the enemies will disappear but the game thinks its their turn (Because there are still more enemies that should have come out) and will essentially lock up (Waiting for the not-there enemies to attack). icon_e_sad.gif
  • Is there a way to level a bronze star character to a silver/gold star? Or are those only through pickle jars?
  • Hey guys,

I have a problem completing the first bonus level or the gold level at the tournament, where the enemies keep reviving and never really die...
    How do I get trough such levels? Cos no matter how many times I kill each enemy, they seem to keep reviving again and again. Am I missing something obvious?
  • Hey guys,

I have a problem completing the first bonus level or the gold level at the tournament, where the enemies keep reviving and never really die...
    How do I get trough such levels? Cos no matter how many times I kill each enemy, they seem to keep reviving again and again. Am I missing something obvious?

On the bonus level it's okay, there are really a lot of enemies in just one wave, but different enemies most of time, so if the same keep reviving it's strange.

And all the levels on the tournament have one wave with exception of the peperment butler (I think it's gold) level. That wave have 1 peperment butler and some light and dark gray rats (not sure how many... I guess 2 dark gray...)