Smaller PvE brackets

Ding
Ding Posts: 179
It's kind of stupid that I have to come on here to look at how many people are in a given shard in PvE to ensure that I'm not the 980th member to join a PvE event. When that happens I just give up before I even begin.

I get that you want to keep the rewards "rare" so I'm not suggesting that you change the prize ratio, and I think multiple brackets opening at the sand time was a great idea, but how about making brackets smaller as well. This way you wouldn't have to subscribe to bracket size threads any longer

Also improve the quality of the progression rewards. You don't motivate people to play the whole event when you provide **** rewards. Make the final progression a 4* and way high up in points that can only be reached if the player started early.

Comments

• elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    this is nothing 1-1000 is really good odds. You have to be top 10% to get a decent reward. Ever tried playing marvel war of heroes? They give out useless awards to anyone who does not rank top 50 in the entire game! Personally I dont mind going for top 10% but top .001% sounds and is insane
  • Ding
    this is nothing 1-1000 is really good odds. You have to be top 10% to get a decent reward. Ever tried playing marvel war of heroes? They give out useless awards to anyone who does not rank top 50 in the entire game! Personally I dont mind going for top 10% but top .001% sounds and is insane

As I said, or at least tried to say, I'm fine with the ratio, is the size of the pool that I don't like. If they made brackets of 200 there wouldn't be hours/days difference between the person who started the event first and the person who started the the event last in the same event. They could keep the ratio the same and only give prizes to the top 20 people in said bracket, but you wouldn't be entering a bracket to find out that somebody has multiple clearances before you even started.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,395 Chairperson of the Boards
    KK Bundy wrote:

As I said, or at least tried to say, I'm fine with the ratio, is the size of the pool that I don't like. If they made brackets of 200 there wouldn't be hours/days difference between the person who started the event first and the person who started the the event last in the same event. They could keep the ratio the same and only give prizes to the top 20 people in said bracket, but you wouldn't be entering a bracket to find out that somebody has multiple clearances before you even started.

do you know how insane a bracket of 200 would be. Right now brackets of 1000 are the best, if you want to see how many people are in a bracket ask on the fourms or someone in your allaince if they are in the slice you want to join.

right now 1000 people top 50 get coins what is 5% .. 200 people would only be the top 10 get coins good luck with that.. ALSO top 100 get 4 star right now in a 1000 (10%) take your 200 bracket meaning only the top 20 get the reward. right now with a team of 1000 you might have 50 to 75 grinders meaning you will make top 100 without a problem. Take top 200 where only the top 20 get it... that is 10 to 15 grinders min in your bracket meaning you would have to grind a lot more in a bracket of 200 then in a bracket of 1000. Also if you get tossed into an insane bracket and you have 30 grinders in 200 good luck ever getting a cover.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem with making the brackets smaller and keeping the ratios the same is that you're way, way more likely to get burned by a bad luck bracket. If you're shooting for top10 out of 1000, you don't really have to worry that 10 insane grinders are going to wind up in that same bracket. But if we have brackets of 100, and you need to finish first to get those same rewards that used to be top10, the chances of getting stuck behind one crazy grinder is far more likely.
  • Ding
    You're just as likely to get an easy bracket as a hard bracket. The ratio would still be the same. The only difference is that there would be no head start advantage.

My point is that it's silly that I should keep track of the bracket size thread or the PvE group on Line.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    KK Bundy wrote:
    You're just as likely to get an easy bracket as a hard bracket.
    Perhaps, but I'm talking about the likelihood of getting a FAIR bracket. Smaller sample sizes mean greater variation. The luck component to landing brackets already seems pretty bad as it is. Cutting bracket sizes would make it much worse.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about, for example, on a 7 day PVP, anyone joining after day 3 or 4 is all 1 bracket, prior to that, keep as is. This will prevent people from joining on the last day and getting the same rewards as someone who just spent 7 days grinding.
  • Ding
    Malcrof wrote:
    How about, for example, on a 7 day PVP, anyone joining after day 3 or 4 is all 1 bracket, prior to that, keep as is. This will prevent people from joining on the last day and getting the same rewards as someone who just spent 7 days grinding.

My solution to that problem is to have a 4* progression reward that one could only reach if they began near the beginning (first day or so) and not have scaling points.