How are pvp points applied?

Magere
Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
OK I get that when in a pvp game, you gain and lose points, but when in a game and you win does your points get applied first, or do the other losses get applied then your win?
While in ant man, I had just won, and saw my points applied to 806, which should have given me a cover, but then the loss I got while playing got applied knocking me down another 50, before I could get the cover, is this normal? I saw my score, but no cover.

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    The progress meter shown immediately after the match is based on your score going into the match. After that, the game check to see if you lost any matches during the interim and adjusts your total before checking for new progression awards.

Or to put it more simply, yes, this is normal.
  • Magere
    OK except I saw the score, it had just created to 806, which is what I needed (800) to get the cover (which was all I cared about, then the window with a reduction popped up and was applied to that score.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are applied directly to the forehead.

And yes, if a defensive win puts you over the threshold for a reward, you will get it upon logging in.. if while you were logged out, a defensive loss then puts you below the mark, it does not award it.

I have had it done in a matter of seconds.. logged in to a defensive win, got my 650 token, clicked ok.. did a prologue for my Deadpool points, took a 40 point loss.

If i had waited even 1 more minute to log in to get my deadpool points, i would not have received the token, as my cumulative would have been below the 650 mark when i synched with the servers.
  • Magere
    I could understand that, but I was in game the whole time, I had spend a couple hours slogging up to 800, and the win I just got put me at the needed points,then the defense loss page popped up a few seconds later, but I never got the cover.