Beast Reward for Season 17

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I noticed Season 17 is up. First Thor PVP rewards Hood blueflag.png for T100! I look at the SHIELD SIM progression, Carnage at 2000, Bullseye, Daken, Deadpool for the 3*s is awesome too!

However My excitement quickly became disappointed when I saw Beast for 3000 progression for the season... Really?! He was already a Progression in a prior season. Why couldn't it be SW blue? Her Season progression was skipped, or even IF or Cage.

Overall great rewards but you killed it with Beast..

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I noticed Season 17 is up. First Thor PVP rewards Hood blueflag.png for T100! I look at the SHIELD SIM progression, Carnage at 2000, Bullseye, Daken, Deadpool for the 3*s is awesome too!

However My excitement quickly became disappointed when I saw Beast for 3000 progression for the season... Really?! He was already a Progression in a prior season. Why couldn't it be SW blue? Her Season progression was skipped, or even IF or Cage.

I bet you were a real joy on christmas morning when you opened the box from grandma with the shirt in it...
  • Punisher5784
    simonsez wrote:

I bet you were a real joy on christmas morning when you opened the box from grandma with the shirt in it...

Haha I am pretty sure every kid hates getting clothes on Christmas.

The point is Beast was already a reward for Season progression. Normally the 3000 mark is either a newer character or a character every player would need (e.g. 3Thor) but Beast is not helping new players fighting hard to reach 3000.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some of us still need Beast covers lol.. I was pretty happy to see that BE black in there, that is the only one i really need.. going to push for the Carnage Green even though i have no intention of leveling him, but hey, a 4* cover is a 4* cover.

and i have had hood at 5/5/2 since his black last showed in DDQ.. which got me to that, he was 5/5/1 prior.. i am so tired of selling off hood blue and yellow covers, which i seem to get regularly.. why did his black have to be T10.. ugh..
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blue is the only beast cover I have maxed... lol.
  • Punisher5784
    Malcrof wrote:
    Some of us still need Beast covers lol.. I was pretty happy to see that BE black in there, that is the only one i really need.. going to push for the Carnage Green even though i have no intention of leveling him, but hey, a 4* cover is a 4* cover.

and i have had hood at 5/5/2 since his black last showed in DDQ.. which got me to that, he was 5/5/1 prior.. i am so tired of selling off hood blue and yellow covers, which i seem to get regularly.. why did his black have to be T10.. ugh..

lol No one needs Beast covers. To be fair, he was one of my first covered 3*'s because he just kept coming. He's much better since his buff and I enjoy using him for Normal PVE nodes but overall there should have been someone else for 3000 pts. If they wanted to use an older character well BP Black would have been nice icon_e_biggrin.gif

Lucky you, I've been sitting on 5/3/4 for the longest time, the Blues rarely come. You might as well make a second Hood (if you haven't already). Reminds me of everyone complaining about Thor3's Yellow, meanwhile I've sold a ton of Yellow until I eventually made a second 3Thor at 0/4/0, yes no joke!
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I'm not going to lie, I wasn't very happy about Beast either, and I actually have him on my roster lol I know I'm going to get to 3k anyways, so it is what it is. My only real concern each season is will the 10-pack still be at 4k lol
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    played thor up to 500 but didn't even look at the rewards. hood blue rewards...wow. never thought I'd see the day. if they follow this with panther black, I think the world might be coming to an end...
  • TxMoose wrote:
    played thor up to 500 but didn't even look at the rewards. hood blue rewards...wow. never thought I'd see the day. if they follow this with panther black, I think the world might be coming to an end...

Supposed to be Fist rewards after Hood. I think Fist pink would qualify as world ending alliance cover.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    My beast is 2/3/3. so there is that... the cover i need the most (other than that blasted hood black) is actually R&G yellow... been at 1/3/5 for as long as i can remember.. another one i keep getting loads of blues to sell.. been selling greens because right now i need ISO more then i need to re-spec him later, going for 5/3/5.
  • Punisher5784
    Malcrof wrote:
    My beast is 2/3/3. so there is that... the cover i need the most (other than that blasted hood black) is actually R&G yellow... been at 1/3/5 for as long as i can remember.. another one i keep getting loads of blues to sell.. been selling greens because right now i need ISO more then i need to re-spec him later, going for 5/3/5.

I like using Beast with Cyclops and Blade. Once you have 5 Blue, his 1-turn CD spitting out 3 special tiles for only 6 Blue AP then at 9 Green AP he's doing over 2000 damage plus cascades to the group. He can be pretty fast, even his yellow heal is decent for a healing ability compared to Spider-Man's expensive yellow.

My Grocket is stuck at 3/5/4, most of covers came from DDQ. You're smart to keep your Green at 3, I am so use to the damage and shattered tiles with 5 green that I don't know if I'll want to go 5/3/5 now, we'll see. I could have made a 0/5/0 Grocket with all the extra green covers.
  • Everyone b hatin on beast
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    papa07 wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:

Supposed to be Fist rewards after Hood. I think Fist pink would qualify as world ending alliance cover.
    That sounds promising, Iron Fist is one of the few characters I still need covers for. He's 4/4/5 after buying a purple cover so I could max him, I am quite looking forward to a fifth.
    I only have one Bullseye Black, so that's promising too. I suppose I'll climb for Carnage even though I am not crazy about him...
  • | Everyone b hatin on beast

yah bruh. cos beast sucks.

it might seem like i'm hating, but i'm just relating. all of his powers suck.

Has anyone EVER been defeated by Beast? come on.