Best Team-ups to send or receive?

Options
Malcrof
Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just curious, when you ask for team ups, what are your favorites to send or receive?

I love 2* Storm team ups, free AP or a nice stun.. not many decently covered 4*'s in my alliance, so rarely get any unless i am merc'ing out.

Most requested from me.. Daredevil Radar Sense, helps many low levels get through ninja/muscle waves in DDQ.

Least favorite.. Daken.. why do people insist on sending me daken team ups.. i have used them, but in very rare circumstances.. usually, unless Daken is actually on my team, i tend to want to keep my strike tiles.

What are your favs to receive, most requested, and ones you hate?

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My personal favorites and most requested are Juggernaut (cheap board shake), MBW blue (cheap stun), 2* Storm blue (stun and decent team damage), OBW (steal), Cyclops and lThor (you get either good damage or good AP generation) and Deadpool Whales.

Least favorites... I don't know. GSBW isn't great since her powers are so expensive. Plus any of my most used characters like IF or HB aren't going to be of much use as a TU.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like to send or receive greenflag.png Juggs, blueflag.pngpurpleflag.png OBW, redflag.png LCap, blueflag.png 2* Storm & Whales Whales Whales icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What I'm playing, and what team I'm running, will usually dictate who I ask for. The standards are generally Juggs for PVE and MBW for PVP. If I'm looking for cheap or AOE damage, HT, BP, cMags, or DP.

Then there are situational requests. If I know I'm going to be dealing with teams with a lot of HP, Pun TUs are great to use once you get one of them below 30% health. If I'm running Patch/Loki, I'll ask for Elektra TUs (fire Patch green then TU then Loki black); running 4thor, I'll ask for Cyc.

Worst TUs: Yelena and anything with a CD for which you cannot choose placement.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lcap redflag.png and blueflag.png are both good since you can turn TU AP into other AP.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Righteous Uppercut is a TU I love getting along with Whales.

Also love any AoE Tu's and stun TU's.

Not a fan of Daken, Bullseye, or board shakers if I am using my usual team because I end up having a lot of strike tiles out there by the time I can use my board shakers TU... though they are good to have when I'm going to go into a fight and I know they will be spamming special tiles.

Normally I let the AI pick my 3 TU's at random, and I hardly ever boost.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    mbw stun is my personal fav. Good strong stun if you get in a bind. Its a 1 star character, so teammates can send them out fairly quickly. (one teammate has 5 just to send out as TU's)

It may not be the most powerful, but easy to get/use. I currently have 8 of them, which means I usually have one loaded up for me even without manually selecting them myself. I don't know how many times this has saved me in both PVP/PVE where the board was no going my way and I was able to use this to salvage it. Its like a get out of jail free card.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OBW blue is a nice TU for tough PvE nodes. Loki's black or Daredevil Radar Sense is nice if you want to use Patch but don't want to bring along one of these partners. I also like cMags red for a good board shake with decent damage.

Damage-wise it's hard to go wrong with Call the Storm or Righteous Uppercut. Whales is also a favorite because you can still super whale if things are going terrible wrong.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For general utility, windstorm and OBW purple are the best all-around team up IMO. Windstorm is not too expensive, does decent aoe damage and has that great stun. Hard to go wrong. And direst AP theft is among the most powerful abilities in the game, so OBW's purple can never go wrong.

There are also plenty of special use teamups that are worth having from time to to time:

(1) Whales (great for super-whales'ing tough nodes, especially if you have an undercovered deadpool). Deadpool's red is also solid if you want to drop a tank quickly in PVP as two matches gives you 4k+ damage

(2) punisher red can be great for finishing off super high-health enemies

(3) Blade Black is a solid ap theft power and and can deliver most of its value in team up form if you time casting right so the tile isn't matched away immediately

(4) IMHB red or Ares Green are solid teams ups to bring along when you aren't bringing a great red/green caster. having that one nuke for the endgame when you have 25+ otherwise useless AP sitting around is quite useful

(5) I suspect that Thing's red will be fairly useful once more people have him covered, as a targeted stun with decent damage for only 10 is worth having.

I tend to avoid the massive nukes like call the storm or righteous uppercut as are expensive and thus harder to use. It's almost never a good strategy to chase teamup ap, so i prefer teamups that I can cast whenever I happen to get enough teamup ap from cascades and the like.

Another theme is that a lot of the best teamups are the best powers from characters that are weaker overall and don't see main-line play (either because they are too squishy or are 2*s or whatever)
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    I send OBW. I keep two roster slots just to provide a home for MBW with 5 covers in her stun, so I always send one of those out. Kamala Khan is useful for pretty much anyone, either for the damage or the color manipulation.

Then depending on who is asking, I will send different tools.

High level players get battery power with the MBW/OBWs. Low level players get my best nukes.

High level players:

0/5/5 Hulkbuster. Either one of those skills can be incredibly useful, though I don't know if blackflag.png actually goes out because part of the skill damages IMHB. Anyone know?
    X/X/X Cyclops. Damage/Battery/Damage, nothing to hate about this team-up.
    5/5/3 Doom. Attack Tiles/Battery/Nothing. I don't think the purpleflag.png goes out, because there's no trap tiles.
    5/3/5 Patch. Berserker Rage coming from team up tiles makes it useful to pair with characters who have big green abilities.
    3/5/5 Cap Steve.

Low Level players:

5/3/5 Human Torch. Damage/lasting damage/lasting damage, great for helping low levels clear survival nodes.
    5/4/4 3agneto. Protect-Overwrite/Damage/Damage
    5/3/5 MoStorm.

Team Ups I send when I'm tired of seeing the same teammate ask over and over multiple times a day:

5/3/5 Carnage
    5/4/2 Sentry
    2/2/1 Invisible Woman
    1/0/3 Thing
    0/0/2 Star-lord
    1/1/1 Kingpin
    3/3/0 Vision
    2/3/4 Bagman

Since you can't "select" the cover that you are sending without having a roster slot with a character that only has that power, or if the other powers can't be sent or are passives (for instance, you can't send a PX team-up), so I try and pick team-ups that are useful no matter which one my teammate gets.

I hate asking for team-ups only to end up with multiple Captain America yellow shields clogging up my team-ups because I never get the 19 AP or whatever to use them.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If someone request TU I always include Juggs. He does cheep hoax shake up and can change a bad board. I also like to send heroes with only 2 active abilities so it is something good. KK,Deadpool, Cstorm are som favorites.c I also send out cyclops and Lthot since Ben at level 3 there abilities can be useful. I also like a Rags red to help speed up blue users like 4thor, Cmags, Fury
  • Buret0
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    If someone request TU I always include Juggs. He does cheep hoax shake up and can change a bad board. I also like to send heroes with only 2 active abilities so it is something good. KK,Deadpool, Cstorm are som favorites.c I also send out cyclops and Lthot since Ben at level 3 there abilities can be useful. I also like a Rags red to help speed up blue users like 4thor, Cmags, Fury

I try not to send out my 3/5/5 Rags because I've gotten his blue before. Great. I'm adding three green charged tiles to the board and Ragnarok, who is not present, is going to get some healing.

2agneto is the better send in that case, because adding targeted blues to the board is better than adding random blues to the board. At 3/5/5 you have a 2/3rds chance of sending his sweet purple or red abilities and a 1/3rd chance of sending his terrible blue CD.
  • Buret0
    Options
    I also make a habit of sending a team message before asking for team-ups. I'll say something like, "please send board shake, please send red battery, please send MBW/OBW pls, etc."

Unfortunately, most of the time my teammates seem to ignore that message and send me Cap.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We already have a thread on this? viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28918