20three
20three Posts: 371
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Ballistic Salvo

What do you think?

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron Fist of Kung Pao or General Tso or whatever it is.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    As they say, "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." So might I suggest that Embiggened Bash is a perfectly cromulent entry into the annals of best attack name.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    No contest: "Nuts from above" is best, followed IMO by "Insult to injury"
  • "I got a plan" needs to be in the mix. The name by itself isn't much, but when you think about it in Rocket's sense from the movie ("...and I need that guy's leg") I crack up every time I see it.
  • Houtro
    Houtro Posts: 464 Mover and Shaker
    icon_ares.png Onslaught & icon_doctordoom.png Diabolical Plot really fit the characters!
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    I've really always loved A Little Off the Top. It only dawned on me much later that this spells out A LOT (or A LOTT, depending on whether you count the "t" in "the").
  • cosm0naut
    cosm0naut Posts: 34
    Whales, Whales, Whales!

Everything you need to know is right there.
  • cosm0naut wrote:
    Whales, Whales, Whales!

Everything you need to know is right there.
    Or "Ants, ants, ants"?
  • i dunno about attack name, but i'll miss the old description of squirrel girl's green, that confirmed every character was wearing pants

sigh....
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am Groot... self explanatory.
  • I'm a big fan of "righteous uppercut"

marc
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    icon_cyclops.png Full Blast is simple, and lives up to its name, especially boosted.

It's a skill name you can set your watch to.
  • I'm gonna say:

Surgical Strike or Blammo! We Got Ya!

Both are very accurate descriptions of what happens. Blammo! wouldn't be as good if there wasn't a fist coming out of the screen at you.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Maggia Prawns

Makes me hungry every time it resolves
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Masterstroke.
    the naughty minds know why I giggle when this power fires icon_lol.gif
  • Feral Clothes! Oh, wait, I mean Feral Claws!

But actually, apart from the ever-glorious Nuts from above, it's Thunder Strike. Because for some reason I always, always read it as Tsundere Strike which makes me think inappropriate things about the mighty god of thunder. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like Scarlet Witch's power names - Reality Crush sounds like a J-Pop band name, and Hex Bolt is just a pleasing combination for words for me for some reason. I also like the body synergy with each of Devil Dino's abilities.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    :cyclops: Full Blast is simple, and lives up to its name, especially boosted.

It's a skill name you can set your watch to.

i love how the screen fades out and in again to reveal a missing opponent

Beam me up Scottie! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shocked "Avengers Assemble" has not been mentioned.. one of the most iconic lines in Marvel history, and the ability does what it should, calls in the Avengers.. perfection in a power.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I love 'Avengers Assemble'. Even if the situation doesn't require it, I make sure I have 5 of each of the colours to get all 5 Avengers appearing in the animation - totally love it.

Other skills with awesome names, 'I got a plan' of course... Another one I like is 'Fastball Special', not for the ability, but it's actually directly from the comics. And things like 'Nuts from above' are hard to beat...