Would you support a 14 day PVE gaunlet/ultron type deal

Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
since it seems they are putting out a 4 star every 2 weeks now i was wondering if they would change it up (highly doubtful) but if they would run a 14 day event would you do it. They could even make it a week event if they wanted to just cut the pts down in half

The event would be set up like the deadpool daily (ant man) but with a few changes .

They would be 5 normal nods and one Wave nod at the end . The 5 normal nods would reset every 8 hours just like a normal PVE. The final nod would be a one and done node.

The way it would run and how you would get the covers
score 90% or more of the max pts all 3 covers (meaning 20k would be 18k)
Score 80% or more and get 2 covers
score 70% or more and get 1 cover

Now before you say that sounds like a like of awful grinding this is where the 6th nod comes in. For those who just want to have 1 cover so they can play it in the next PVE and build it on their own pace. They six one and done nod would give you 1 cover.

So sit down and play all 6 nods once BOOM you have 1 cover of the 4 star.

This is mostly a pure clone of the antman thing YET it gives everyone the chance who is not good enough to clear that 6th nod a chance to grind at their own pace and earn the covers

i would also think it would be nice if the Gaunlet we have now would be the same way clear nods once and done or you can grind for pts and earn the covers as well (would allow more people to get covers that can not complete the 3 maps now)

I could even see them doing this with the 3 star events i mean they cant say it would give out WAY too many covers cause deadpool is already tossing out 3 stars like candy daily.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    Now before you say that sounds like a like of awful grinding this is where the 6th nod comes in.
    Then why change it? What are we fixing here? Just keep it as-is, and make your "6th node" something like the Growth Industry event where everyone gets a cover.
  • slidecage
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Now before you say that sounds like a like of awful grinding this is where the 6th nod comes in.
    Then why change it? What are we fixing here? Just keep it as-is, and make your "6th node" something like the Growth Industry event where everyone gets a cover.

mostly takes away the playing against other people and just playing by yourself. Meaning if i know (take 7 day event) if i can play hard 5 days and make 70% and get myself a cover then i dont have to play those last 2 days im fine with that or if i play a little more on those 2 days i can come away with 2 covers sort of thing. How pve is set up now you do that your not going to take top 100 doing that

since its everyone hits % of total pts needed you will get the covers unlike now its unknown what your getting till the end
  • simonsez
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    mostly takes away the playing against other people and just playing by yourself.
    Someone needs to sit me down and explain what the difference is between playing PvE for 8 hours a day for a rank award, and playing PvE for 8 hours a day for a progression award. And I don't want to hear "you get to play on your own time", because if you're spending 8 hours a day doing it, you don't have a lot of room for creative scheduling.
    slidecage wrote:
    if i can play hard 5 days and make 70% and get myself a cover then i dont have to play those last 2 days im fine with that or if i play a little more on those 2 days i can come away with 2 covers sort of thing. How pve is set up now you do that your not going to take top 100 doing that
    Nevermind. What you're really saying is "I want to play less and get the same stuff".

This is what I mean... it's never about "PvE is too competitive"... it's really "I want to play less"
  • slidecage
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    mostly takes away the playing against other people and just playing by yourself.
    Someone needs to sit me down and explain what the difference is between playing PvE for 8 hours a day for a rank award, and playing PvE for 8 hours a day for a progression award. And I don't want to hear "you get to play on your own time", because if you're spending 8 hours a day doing it, you don't have a lot of room for creative scheduling.
    slidecage wrote:
    if i can play hard 5 days and make 70% and get myself a cover then i dont have to play those last 2 days im fine with that or if i play a little more on those 2 days i can come away with 2 covers sort of thing. How pve is set up now you do that your not going to take top 100 doing that
    Nevermind. What you're really saying is "I want to play less and get the same stuff".

This is what I mean... it's never about "PvE is too competitive"... it's really "I want to play less"

that and how things are set up right now take the hulk.. You could play hardcore for the first 5 days and then either get sick or power goes out or anything else could happen. You then fall from 1 to xxx meaning you just lost covers even though you spent 5 days playing for nothing now. At least this way you will get a cover
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    They would be 5 normal nods and one Wave nod at the end . The 5 normal nods would reset every 8 hours just like a normal PVE. The final nod would be a one and done node.

Nm9ymxiX.jpg
  • simonsez
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    You could play hardcore for the first 5 days and then either get sick or power goes out or anything else could happen.
    I don't want to be the guy at demiurge who proposes an entire revamp of PvE because someone playing on a PC somewhere might have a power failure.
  • simonsez
    Options
    tanis3303 wrote:
    nods vs. nodes
    It's even better if you mentally substitute "nobs" instead.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

The difference standardizing effort and reward.

If A joins a PvE right at the beginning and grinds out 2-3x the progression rewards and lands in 101th place and therefore gets no 4* covers, then he resents B who joined with 2 hours to go, ground the nodes to 1, and got 2nd place for four 4* covers. A put in much more effort than B did, but B got much higher rewards. Sure, B gambled a bit, but even if he finishes T100 at a 33% rate based on effort vs reward he's still coming out much better than A.

Make it uniform - like gauntlet. PvE is a 7 day event, if you can finish it in 3 days because you have all the essentials and can defeat the hard nodes, great. If you don't have all the essentials and struggle through the harder nodes but you play the easier nodes more, you can still finish.

This also lets devs set a uniform level for nodes to define difficulty and stop encouraging the players to not-level their characters.
  • slidecage
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    You could play hardcore for the first 5 days and then either get sick or power goes out or anything else could happen.
    I don't want to be the guy at demiurge who proposes an entire revamp of PvE because someone playing on a PC somewhere might have a power failure.

okay phone breaks and like i said you get sick or someone in your family gets sick and you cant play or even if the server goes down. I know the first time Ultron came up the server crashed and many was not able to play the PVE and nothing was ever done about it. I know i was not able to grind the final hours and was pushed out of covers and Progression rewards
  • Unknown
    Options
    i support all gauntlet/ultron/growth industry since they give 4* to everyone
  • simonsez
    Options
    If A joins a PvE right at the beginning and grinds out 2-3x the progression rewards and lands in 101th place and therefore gets no 4* covers, then he resents B who joined with 2 hours to go, ground the nodes to 1, and got 2nd place for four 4* covers.
    I agree, benefiting from bracket shopping is a problem, and should be fixed. Easy solution: put half of the good stuff as high end progression awards that the bracket shopper will miss out on.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    If A joins a PvE right at the beginning and grinds out 2-3x the progression rewards and lands in 101th place and therefore gets no 4* covers, then he resents B who joined with 2 hours to go, ground the nodes to 1, and got 2nd place for four 4* covers.
    I agree, benefiting from bracket shopping is a problem, and should be fixed. Easy solution: put half of the good stuff as high end progression awards that the bracket shopper will miss out on.
    if they did away with the rankings and the 8hr timers they'd get a lot more play out of me. gauntlet is perfect in that everything is progression, I can go at my own pace and even if I have a weekend trip planned, I can go hard Friday and Monday through Thursday and see if I can still make it. if I have to take a day off here or there during a **** release event with the current system, I'm pretty much screwed. so I take my chances on Monday usually and have been successful with that before but haven't been lately since they started multiple brackets recently.