Suggestion for future similar events to Oscorp Heroic Mode

Options
kensterr
kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
Since we are limited to certain characters to use for the heroic mode (someone mentioned developers wanted the players to try different hero combos), why not have the ISO requirements for those characters to be halved?

Let's say normally it would take around 5000 ISO for a ** hero to level up from level 20 to 30, while the event is going on it would only take 2500 ISO. The mission rewards can stay the same, only the ISO requirements changed during event time. That way more players would at least give it a go at levelling new heroes.

Comments

• I kind of like this idea, but I worry I would just always be saving my iso for the next chance at half price leveling.
  • I have a suggestion: never do it anymore.
  • someguy321 wrote:
    I have a suggestion: never do it anymore.

I don't mind if they do it. They just need to give everyone the same challenges. Heroic mode was originally for people that beat normal mode and wanted more of a challenge (and ISO). If you can't beat normal mode, you shouldn't be able to play in Heroic mode.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    aboudreau wrote:
    I kind of like this idea, but I worry I would just always be saving my iso for the next chance at half price leveling.
    There are ways to discourage ISO banking, but most of the ones I can think of might be a bit punishing. For example, you could cause ISO resources to randomly be depleted if you have a large stockpile (HAMMER raid! Lose 1000 ISO!), or you could limit how many levels can be bought per day, or how much ISO applied to the ISO-buffed character during the event.

On the carrot side instead of the stick, you could offer other limited-time purchases to be made with ISO (This week only! Buy a Courageous Token for 10000 ISO) to tempt people into depleting their resources.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was thinking about characters like C Storm, GSBW and Wolverine in the heroic mode are example of characters that people can really use (and Spidey too!) I certainly won't hoard my ISOs if I can level up my C Storm (currently at level 70) for half of 1000++ ISO per level, hence the original idea for this suggestion. icon_razz.gif
  • DayvBang wrote:
    aboudreau wrote:
    I kind of like this idea, but I worry I would just always be saving my iso for the next chance at half price leveling.
    There are ways to discourage ISO banking, but most of the ones I can think of might be a bit punishing. For example, you could cause ISO resources to randomly be depleted if you have a large stockpile (HAMMER raid! Lose 1000 ISO!), or you could limit how many levels can be bought per day, or how much ISO applied to the ISO-buffed character during the event.

On the carrot side instead of the stick, you could offer other limited-time purchases to be made with ISO (This week only! Buy a Courageous Token for 10000 ISO) to tempt people into depleting their resources.

You shut your **** mouth right now DavyBang, before one of the monkeys making decisions on this thing sees that.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    aboudreau wrote:

They could put an expiration on the ISO similar to covers in your cache. I think it'd be quite reasonable to use ISO each week...you can stockpile a fair amount in that time as well.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    someguy321 wrote:
    I have a suggestion: never do it anymore.

I don't mind if they do it. They just need to give everyone the same challenges. Heroic mode was originally for people that beat normal mode and wanted more of a challenge (and ISO). If you can't beat normal mode, you shouldn't be able to play in Heroic mode.
    I did finish the normal mode. I couldn't complete half of the Heroic Missions because Daredevil. I won like 10-15 fights and I've still got 400 points. How people are managing to get more than 1000?

It's extremely unfair.