Why so many 4 stars???

Zehcnas27
Zehcnas27 Posts: 12
I really enjoy playing mpq, it's a fun way to pass a couple minutes and immerse yourself in a game with your favorite heroes. The introduction of so many 4 stars though is really putting me off. Carnage, thing, antman, and now Jean grey. All back to back 4 star releases. How am I ever supposed to get powers for any of these heroes besides the initial story mode missions for them? Not only that but getting powers for existing 4 stars becomes closer and closer to an impossibility. It just feels like D3 is saying "here, get one power for them. Now spend ten dollars upgrading that power." And the thing as a four star? You're making an entire group of nearly unattainable heroes aside from the human torch, which you'll probably make another version for the movie.

Comments

• Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    $$$

I need ten chars in message so...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Mostly about money... well, all about money, but they are adding 4 star.png s to keep the veteran players that have maxed almost all their 3 star.png s interested in playing.

I read that roster slots are the number one money maker for D3. So introducing new characters is the easiest way to get EVERYONE to buy a roster slot.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Because the 3* tier is already fleshed out. There's no need to add to it besides few exceptions.
    Also, money. <<< Perfectly legit reason.
    I do sympathize with early stages being cruel for 4* collection. Before X-Force was buffed last summer, I advised to delete him altogether before any decent 3*. icon_redface.gif I'd still recommend to not keep Dino, say, if you severely lack roster slots. You won't ever get another Dino except during anniversaries (maaaaybe) but he also won't ever be required.