Health packs - NO EXPIRATION REQUIRED!

Scrppun1
Scrppun1 Posts: 9
edited August 2015 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
Health packs are a form of boost are they not? I mean, they boost the lives of our injured heroes, correct? Okay, So...why can't we the players decide when we want to use them just like we do with all our other boosts and team-ups. We're the players who fought hard to earn them so why should you the game makers decide when we should use them or to take them away if we don't, it is an unfair practice that tips the scales even more towards those players with the big rosters who have highly developed heroes with much higher health levels. And therefore don't need to heal as often or to use as many health packs as many of us do. My point is that the game is plenty challenging without adding unnecessary handicaps. Food for thought. You could set limitations for how many we can accumulate as you have done with the other boosts but unused health packs should NEVER EXPIRE! That's just plain wrong.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scrppun1 wrote:
    why should you the game makers decide when we should use them or to take them away if we don't
    What are you talking about?
    Scrppun1 wrote:
    You could set limitations for how many we can accumulate as you have done with the other boosts but unused health packs should NEVER EXPIRE! That's just plain wrong.
    They do. It's 10. And they don't expire. Seriously, what are you talking about?
  • Scrppun1
    Scrppun1 Posts: 9
    I know exactly what I am taking about. I was quite clear and specific in my comments. But I will try to be even more specific now. I am not talking about the health packs you buy, maybe those are different, I don't know because I have never bought one. I am taking about the ones you win from deadpool daily or as you complete different quests. Be it one or five, when you win the health packs they open them up for you and add them to whatever you already have instead of putting them on the side like they do with ALL the other boosts. And YES, they do expire. If you don't use them in the time they set, those extra ones will dwindle day by day until they are all gone and you are back to ten lives again. It has happened to me multiple times. Like I said, they should allow us to decide when we want to open our own health packs (bought or won) should not make any difference. I hope this clears up any further misunderstandings. Thank you.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure what you're talking about either --- unless you're trying to imply that they should not be capped at a maximum of ten?
  • Scrppun1 wrote:
    I know exactly what I am taking about. I was quite clear and specific in my comments. But I will try to be even more specific now. I am not talking about the health packs you buy, maybe those are different, I don't know because I have never bought one. I am taking about the ones you win from deadpool daily or as you complete different quests. Be it one or five, when you win the health packs they open them up for you and add them to whatever you already have instead of putting them on the side like they do with ALL the other boosts. And YES, they do expire. If you don't use them in the time they set, those extra ones will dwindle day by day until they are all gone and you are back to ten lives again. It has happened to me multiple times. Like I said, they should allow us to decide when we want to open our own health packs (bought or won) should not make any difference. I hope this clears up any further misunderstandings. Thank you.

Erm they dwindle day by day because you use them.. they didn't go missing or expire
  • I think he probably means that you should have a choice on when to apply the health packs. Example you win 5 health packs, they should not be added immediately to your existing 10 health packs bringing it to 15. Because at 10 and you use 1, they regenerate but not when you're at 15 and you use 1.

This might be useful as I might be probably playing PVE now and need to use 2 health packs, but I'm only starting my PVP run later in the day and need as many health packs as I can at that time.
  • icon_question.gificon_question.gificon_exclaim.gificon_exclaim.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif

I think he or she want healthpack won from progression or Deadpool Daily as an inventory like boosts.
  • Simple use game mechanics from other examples like Pokémon Shuffle where if you buy/earn extra turns (substitute for health packs) they are in a separate bracket. In MPQ get 10 which regenerate so 10, now win 5 from Vault this becomes 10 (5) the 5 do not expire or get used unless the player chooses to use them while the 10 refill as normal over time.

Having the option to save the 'won' health packs for PVE or PVP hard fought battles gives the player options to fight and concentrate attacks when they want to. There seems to be a disconnect between players wanting to play and the game blocking/preventing you from doing so. Game should be fun to play, would not play a shooter like COD if a re-spawn time was 30 minutes, or RPG where no option to heal party but by sitting still for 30 mins either. Health packs are a third currency in this game along with ISO and Hero Points. Paying for 3 separate services in one game is too much.
  • I get what he's saying and I agree with him.

A scenario of his complaint is if you've just played for a bit and used down to 2 health packs and open your deadpool dailies and get 5 health packs.

Ok now you're at 7 health packs but you weren't going to play for the next few hours anyway so you'll still regenerate up to 10 health packs either way, so essentially you just received 5 health packs from deadpool vault that are completely wasted.

And I agree, those health packs you receive you should have control over when it is added to your total auto regenerating health pack pool for when you actually need them.
  • simonsez
    I love how you guys are trying to decipher his post by interpreting it as something that is completely different than what he's actually saying.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Scrppun1 wrote:
    Health packs are a form of boost are they not? I mean, they boost the lives of our injured heroes, correct? Okay, So...why can't we the players decide when we want to use them just like we do with all our other boosts and team-ups. We're the players who fought hard to earn them so why should you the game makers decide when we should use them or to take them away if we don't, it is an unfair practice that tips the scales even more towards those players with the big rosters who have highly developed heroes with much higher health levels. And therefore don't need to heal as often or to use as many health packs as many of us do. My point is that the game is plenty challenging without adding unnecessary handicaps. Food for thought. You could set limitations for how many we can accumulate as you have done with the other boosts but unused health packs should NEVER EXPIRE! That's just plain wrong.

Health packs don't expire. If you're saying that you should be able to choose when they're applied like others have suggested I think that's a great idea.

I think the game should be tilted in the favor of those with big rosters. People with more loyalty should be rewarded for it.
  • simonsez wrote:
    I love how you guys are trying to decipher his post by interpreting it as something that is completely different than what he's actually saying.

And OP decided to disappear after posting this so we have no chance to know what he really meant... icon_lol.gif
  • simonsez
    Gongz wrote:
    And OP decided to disappear after posting this so we have no chance to know what he really meant... icon_lol.gif
    Maybe the shrooms wore off...
  • Starsaber
    Starsaber Posts: 206
    It would be nice if there was a way to get more health packs, or at least raise the cap. Maybe something along the lines of raising the number of health packs you can accumulate by 1 for every 3 roster slots you buy or something like that?
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Won/rewarded health packs should be a boost where we can collect up to 30. As was explained earlier, if I have 4 health packs remaining and win 5 health packs to raise it to 9 and now go to work for 8 hours where enough time would have elapsed for me to rejuvenate back to 10 health packs anyway then, the 5 I won were essentially wasted. I have no reason to apply rewarded health packs unless Im at 0.

Bought health packs are irrelevant as you have no need to buy them unless you have 0 anyway. (Or unless wasting money thrills you).