Suggestion: Buy non-expiring cover date

The one frustration I'd like to see improved is the expiring covers. I understand they're part of the business model. Instead of saying they shouldn't expire, I'd like to suggest the ability to spend 50 HP on a "ready" cover to remove its expiration date. That leaves the "ready" covers within the business model but allows players to stock up on key covers while earning or perhaps buying the HP for a roster slot.

I assume that the flip side of this would be to shorten the expiration schedule, but since players would be able to pay a low HP fee to keep target covers a short expiration schedule would be a reasonable trade.

My experience to date driving the suggestion: I've been playing MPQ for about 6 months. I've spent a small amount of $ on the game but have been developing my roster through play over time instead of $. The small $ I've spent was more of a "Thank you" for developing an entertaining game than anything else.

Comments

• While I don't particular agree with your method, I agree something should be done.

Personally I think lower the price of roster slots, but your method is a decent middle ground for new players.

I've played this game since the beginning and got my brother back into recently.

The problem is the number of characters has increased immensely.

So while at the start it was somewhat reasonable to be able to buy roster slots as you acquired new characters, for starting players, the number of different chars you can get all at once is pretty overwhelming for the number of character slots they get.

When I started out sure there was a few 3 stars I had to pass on because I didn't have enough slots but I was still able to build a decent enough covered roster to start replacing 2 stars. But now there are so many characters that my brother has tons of chars with not enough covers to be playable, yet not enough space to hold both them and the 2 star cards he actually needs to play. And that's even after the game cycling chars in and out of rotation (which actually makes it even worse if you play on a bad part of the cycle and they cycle out the chars you have almost finished so good luck trying to get those done for a while).