4* transition is logical next step?!

Options
_Ryu_
_Ryu_ Posts: 149
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
4* transition is logical next step after you have done some requirements of the following:
    - Full covered up at least a good amount of 3*s at lvl 140 or higher - Got some full high tier 3*s like Thor, BP, Cyclops to to be competive against 4* teams - You are top 50 PvP player with ease (and shielding
icon_e_wink.gif)
- Getting top rewards in every PvE if you want
- Already have some mid way covered up 4*s (most veterans in 3* land have at least IW, XF or Fury with good stats)

Thats the great plan... but now whats about the details? Iso? Fun? Real life? Time?

What are the pros and cons to take this step?

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    4* transition is logical next step after you have done some requirements of the following:
      - Full covered up at least a good amount of 3*s at lvl 140 or higher - Got some full high tier 3*s like Thor, BP, Cyclops to to be competive against 4* teams - You are top 50 PvP player with ease (and shielding
    icon_e_wink.gif)
    - Already have some mid way covered up 4*s (most veterans in 3* land have at least IW, XF or Fury with good stats)

Thats the great plan... but now whats about the details? Iso? Fun? Real life? Time?

I don't see "Form a line of proper communication between players" anywhere in this post. You probably got a ways to still go. Good luck.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    icon_e_wink.gif)

I don't see "Form a line of proper communication between players" anywhere in this post. You probably got a ways to still go. Good luck.

That's not really necessary though? Very helpful, to be sure, but not necessary.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    icon_e_wink.gif)

That's not really necessary though? Very helpful, to be sure, but not necessary.
    It's more helpful the weaker your roster is, though.

Guys like you and me still can hit 1300 unshielded in the right slice even if we quit Line today, but those w/o a top roster definitely can benefit a lot from it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Get into a good Top 100 alliance helps, those extra ISO + HP + Useless covers really add up overtime.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would say your target shouldn't be top 100 but one that can comfortably get 80 or higher. I've been a part of a teetering alliance that floated around 100 and it did nothing but create stress and lower morale when they did not make Top 100. Alliances go through some shuffling between seasons and that's a good time to look for one unless you're a Merc who regularly puts up good points regardless of alliance.
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

It's more helpful the weaker your roster is, though.

Guys like you and me still can hit 1300 unshielded in the right slice even if we quit Line today, but those w/o a top roster definitely can benefit a lot from it.

Ah, ok. I was thinking less ambitiously, just running up to 1k for 1 cover since he was talking top 50 placement and starting the transition. 1.3k takes a bit more work, I agree, and I tend not to bother either unless I want the cover there. icon_e_smile.gif
  • _Ryu_
    Options
    I see, best way to build up a 4* roster is to have a top 100 alliance in the back, but what about the rest?

Now that the way of D3 is clear, throwing in 4*s one after a another, should a 3* player do the transition by force?

Too hit 1k progression in pvp you need more time instead of being top 100 and getting a 3* cover, is it worth spending this extra time?

What about iso, after DDQ running for some mounth most of daily player shoud have more covered up characters then iso to lvl them up, 4* need even more iso, how to compare this gap?

Do you use MPQ as a time killer as a 3* player without to care about 4*s or put the extra effort in it?
  • dr tinykittylove
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    I see, best way to build up a 4* roster is to have a top 100 alliance in the back, but what about the rest?

Now that the way of D3 is clear, throwing in 4*s one after a another, should a 3* player do the transition by force?

Too hit 1k progression in pvp you need more time instead of being top 100 and getting a 3* cover, is it worth spending this extra time?

What about iso, after DDQ running for some mounth most of daily player shoud have more covered up characters then iso to lvl them up, 4* need even more iso, how to compare this gap?

Do you use MPQ as a time killer as a 3* player without to care about 4*s or put the extra effort in it?

A top 100 alliance give you a lot more resources as others said - covers to make your roster stronger, iso to level characters, hp to shield for higher ranking as well as progressions.

I'd say if you want to make the transition, you need to know what to target for each event. Maybe for one pvp you need the useful 3* covers more, like IF/Lthor, and want to aim for placement with minimum shields by going to a less busy time slice and earn some spare hp for shieldhopping.

Maybe another pvp has psylocke rewards and you already have her maxed, but there's a HB or GT or Fury at 1k that will help you, then you'll want to give yourself more time to make sure you get it even if your hop goes poorly.

Level up your 3*s to about 120 when they are boosted for the week or featured, it won't cost much iso, and makes your climb much easier - even non-top-tier 3*s will be able to take on maxed 4*s when they're buffed to 200+.

But possibly the most important question should be, are you having fun? If you enjoy collecting 4*s, go for it. If it seems like too much work after you've tried it out, no harm in staying in 3* land either.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    What dr tinykittylove said
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    If you mean consciously shoot for 1k and 1300, yes. Good for personal rewards, good for alliance.
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Compared to getting Top 2 in regular PvE (i.e. not new 4* characters introduction PvE)? Yes.

_Ryu_ wrote:
    See Colog's excellent guide to farming ISO in LR in the Tips sub forum.
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    As it currently stands, a casual 3* player would progress a lot slower than competitive 3* player putting in extra effort.
  • _Ryu_
    Options
    But possibly the most important question should be, are you having fun? If you enjoy collecting 4*s, go for it. If it seems like too much work after you've tried it out, no harm in staying in 3* land either.

Fun is essential to go on, totally agreed!

But with the "staying in 3* land" looks like a dead end to me in the moment. D3 drives the 4* road with high speed, what eventually means 3* releases are in the future like 2* releases and everybody knows what that means...

So I see at the end of the road that, 4*s are the progress and 3*s are stagnation, and for some people like me is stagnation like being dead.

Lets see how D3 will go on, thx for your thoughts icon_e_smile.gif