No frosty representation: Blizzard

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited July 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
Blizzard got some love in S2 of Agents of Shield, and he's a villain. The fact he's a "mutate / inhuman" plus the MCU and Marvel AoS universe acknowledges him. Let's get him in the game, yeah?

star.pngstar.pngstar.png 8650 HPs

66216-11298-99213-1-new-thunderbolts.jpg

yellowflag.png Ice Slide 6 AP.
blizzard.jpg
Blizzard slides into play, destroying a horizontal row of your choosing and converting random tiles to bluetile.png .

This is a take on XFW's old Black, that destroyed rows of tiles. It's also a bit Ragnarok's redflag.png , which does not get enough love.

greenflag.png (Requisite passive) Solitude.
agents-of-shield-seeds-2.jpg
Think tantrum. Think liquid nitrogen at room temp. It's bubbling and volatile. Whenever an attack is done to Blizzard that would deal more than 5% of his health, stun the enemy one turn and deplete 5 AP.

At higher levels the stun duration goes up to 2 turns, and if fully covered, stuns the enemy team two turns (requisite cost up to 8 if fully covered).

blueflag.png Chilling Reception. 11 AP.
blizzardcomics2.jpg
Blizzard makes it a balmy -100F, slowing enemy movement and damaging their equipment. Destroy team-up tiles. For every 4-3-2 destroyed, convert a green and yellow tile into charged tiles.

Deal 175 - 350 damage per team-up destroyed, based on cover rank.

Comments

• GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    I didn't even know we got an evil version of Iceman! icon_e_surprised.gif

Btw, what does "for every 4-3-2 tiles" on the blue ability mean? I think you're talking about the team-up tiles, but what number specifically do you have in mind?
  • ronin_san
    Options
    GundamY wrote:

Btw, what does "for every 4-3-2 tiles" on the blue ability mean? I think you're talking about the team-up tiles, but what number specifically do you have in mind?

Gamora's black generates more strike tiles, the more covers she has in play. It's a tile affinity thing. For every 4, or 3, or 2 tiles of her likeness, she generates more strike tiles.

For Blizzard, it'd convert more tiles into charged tiles.
  • GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    GundamY wrote:

Gamora's black generates more strike tiles, the more covers she has in play. It's a tile affinity thing. For every 4, or 3, or 2 tiles of her likeness, she generates more strike tiles.

For Blizzard, it'd convert more tiles into charged tiles.

Oh yeah... now i remember! I didn't get Gamora's black cover, so I forgot about it

right now, I have mixed feelings about purchasing Stark Salary (20,000 HP) just to expand my roster in the game...
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Just say no. Grind it out. Reduce the unusables.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:

rarely disagree, but roster slots are the 1 thing i will say absolutely yes to spending a little $$ on..

Now onto Frozone.. err whoever..

yellowflag.png Does it deal tile damage for the row destroyed? Could make it a mix of shulkie red and give it a small damage bump, up the ap 1

greenflag.png Ooo, decisions decisions.. with greenflag.png being where most of our big nukes tend to be, going to be hard to hold on to enough AP to use this, will make for some interesting decisions in game. The stun should be no more then a 1* MBW team up though, 1 target for 5 turns, team for 1, this makes it not OP, but definitely still worth hoarding the AP, and with his HP lower than DP, it should trigger more often!

blueflag.png mags red with a twist. i like the charged tiles, but i think it should be "destroys blue", he is icy after all, and this will keep it from cascading into being able to be used twice in 1 turn.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

rarely disagree, but roster slots are the 1 thing i will say absolutely yes to spending a little $$ on..
    No. You're right on this much. Roster Slots help immeasurably.
    Malcrof wrote:
    Now onto Frozone.. err whoever..

yellowflag.png Does it deal tile damage for the row destroyed? Could make it a mix of shulkie red and give it a small damage bump, up the ap 1

I think he can't have an explicit Ragnarok redflag.png copy, but maybe a Kamala copy without selecting the tile (and tiles like it)??
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ronin-san wrote:
    I think he can't have an explicit Ragnarok redflag.png copy, but maybe a Kamala copy without selecting the tile (and tiles like it)??

So, like Rags, he would change X tiles to blue, at random. Since the row stays the same, maybe scaling would add number of tiles converted, with 5 covers adding X charged tiles!