Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,234 Chairperson of the Boards
edited July 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
say season runs July 1 to 23 why not list like

Thor PVE july 1 to july 8
Storm PVE july 8 to july 11
Iron man July 11 to july 14

same with PVP. it would be nice to see what was all the planed PVE and PVP for the season at one time. Though i doubt they would ever do it cause they would says it would hurt cover sales

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You have to make room for character releases and their subsequent PVP's. They keep launches fairly quiet until they are just about on top of us, releasing the list a month ahead of time defeats that.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They might not know what the schedule is ahead of time. Sometimes events seem last minute.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would settle for each week's pvp plans - could be announced in conjunction with the week's boosted list. pve's are so long, you know who the next progression will be. I'd love to know one ahead so if it's an important one I can recharge the batteries for a grindfest. a season is kinda far out, but one pve ahead I don't think is too much to ask for.
  • Unknown
    Options
    informing your playerbase is overrated, wouldn't you rather roam the darkness, preparing for every PVP and PVE because you can't relax on any event?

PS: There will be people who say new characters will be revealed this way. So what? Put UNKNOWN PVP or UNKNOWN PVE if its such a big deal.

Hell they can put the event as "?????"
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    The RNG man, the RNG. Not even the devs know what event will happen. Even they are totally surprised. icon_cool.gif
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I imagine RNGesus as some sort of smarmy game show host:

"Ooooh, bad luck! Disappointing draw in that token too - you really are unlucky. "

<audience aside> "Perhaps if he tried praying to me every once in a while, or sacrificed some goats*..."

*No goats were harmed in the making of this torturous analogy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If they did that and you saw a bunch of characters you didn't like you might be tempted to take a season off.
    There's less excitement in seeing what the next PVP is every few days if you already know.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Simple answer is because nobody actually plans them in advance. A 20 sided die is rolled every 36 hours to decide the next event.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    If they did that and you saw a bunch of characters you didn't like you might be tempted to take a season off.
    There's less excitement in seeing what the next PVP is every few days if you already know.
    their job is to make us interested for them to get our money. Not seeing the problem.
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    their job is to make us interested for them to get our money. Not seeing the problem.

Exactly. Not sure how you're not seeing it; you've been around here long enough. Perhaps that is the problem, where PVP has become routine for you so you don't care as much which PVP comes up. You've already got most of the characters. Are you saying you would be just as excited if the next PVP offered another Scarlet Witch blue as if you've already known that for 2 weeks? Excitement fades, and D3's trying to get people to play consistently every day so that their attention doesn't get drawn in by something else. Bite site morsels of information are a way better way of retention.

Also now I remember why I left the forums for 2 weeks. It's no fun debating whether or not to respond to specious statements in an attempt to prevent people from being mislead, while suffocating discussion about actual topics.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    daibar wrote:

Exactly. Not sure how you're not seeing it; you've been around here long enough. Perhaps that is the problem, where PVP has become routine for you so you don't care as much which PVP comes up. You've already got most of the characters. Are you saying you would be just as excited if the next PVP offered another Scarlet Witch blue as if you've already known that for 2 weeks? Excitement fades, and D3's trying to get people to play consistently every day so that their attention doesn't get drawn in by something else. Bite site morsels of information are a way better way of retention.

Also now I remember why I left the forums for 2 weeks. It's no fun debating whether or not to respond to specious statements in an attempt to prevent people from being mislead, while suffocating discussion about actual topics.
    I guess it doesn't matter to me. In my life, the less surprises the better.

What I mean is if they were to publish their schedule, sure it would be boring, but that's their problem. They should have an exciting schedule with events players will look forward to.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same reason they have daily rewards.

It gets people logging in regularly, instead of leaving it alone for days or weeks at a time.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same reason they have daily rewards.

It gets people logging in regularly, instead of leaving it alone for days or weeks at a time.
    if you care anything about the game, ddq is reason enough for daily activity. if nothing else than for the 3500+ iso and couple of tokens.

unless of course you're a pve player that has all the characters covered at level 94. then there's no reason other than you're probably making pve clears regularly.