Options
2»

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2015
    Options
    DerDave wrote:
    i honestly used to think that i had a bad RNG going on. the following happened:

- yesterday i played at the same time as my girlfriend. she pulled purple Moonstone out of a both of her Tacos. Guess what!? So did I...
    purpleflag.pngpurpletile.pngshieldpurple.pngiso8.pngviewtopic.php?style=1&f=7&t=24269

For some reason this topic reminded me of the time a player said his girlfriend pulled a purple Moonstone out of her taco lol. I laughed for a good two days when I originally read it icon_lol.gificon_moonstone.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    I say it's fuchsia too! Don't you ever wanted to have fuchsia action points? purpletile.pngicon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    well, tried a color match in PS
    HTML #FF00FF
    RGB 255/0/255

so full red, full blue.. red + blue = purple....
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tumblr_nm1dczzFzV1qmvikho2_500.png

Indeed, it is light urple.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I get confused because the color bar for ap and cover colors look purple to me, and some of the gems do, but others definitely look pink, depending on how intrusive the character logo is on the gem.

I mean, it's obviously purple, but I see where the pink confusion occurs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    also, you have to consider men are more colorblind than women, so yeah
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Options
    jow88.jpg
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ...Classic Magento. icon_magneto.png

I mean Magenta.

MagentaIcon.png
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Trudat.

tumblr_ljan6wljFZ1qeusdjo1_500.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm colour blind. It's whatever colour the devs tell me it is. I have to look at tile shapes and symbols to match things.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    I'm colour blind. It's whatever colour the devs tell me it is. I have to look at tile shapes and symbols to match things.

Serious question: I would imagine that makes your gameplay a relative slow endeavor. Do you compete in high-level PvP? Have you just become accustomed enough to matching by shape that it doesn't matter? I remember I tried playing a different match-3 game wherein it was shape-based and I was awful at it. Took ages. I can only imagine what that would do to an attempt at shield-hopping.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Deadpooool wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Trudat.

See to me the color looks closest to "strawberry" on your chart than any of the shades of purple...
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think this is why everyone is split:

This looks like purple to me: purpleflag.png

While the bottom appears purple, the top looks pink since it gets lighter towards the top purpletile.png
    The logo may cover areas that appears that are more purple leaving areas that look more pink. Personally, I refer to it as pink because I am looking at tiles more often than I am looking at ability flags.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Salgy wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Trudat.

See to me the color looks closest to "strawberry" on your chart than any of the shades of purple...

Ah, madamoiselle Salgy, I had no idea you didn't dangle. *wink wink
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

Serious question: I would imagine that makes your gameplay a relative slow endeavor. Do you compete in high-level PvP? Have you just become accustomed enough to matching by shape that it doesn't matter? I remember I tried playing a different match-3 game wherein it was shape-based and I was awful at it. Took ages. I can only imagine what that would do to an attempt at shield-hopping.

I can't speak for dearbluey, but I'm colorblind as well, and I find MPQ very colorblind-friendly. The shapes are a huge help in distinguishing between tiles. There's no risk I'd confuse, say, blue and yellow on the basis of color, but the distinctive shapes between blue/purple and green/yellow help a lot. I don't think it being color blind slows down my MPQ playing at all.

Compare that with Bejeweled's green and orange tiles, which I find almost indistinguishable on the basis of both color and shape, causing a lot of rejected matches (and probably a lot of missed big matches). That really slows me down in that game.

(I will say that the cover color flags, on the other hand, are almost totally useless. I can't tell the difference between greenflag.png and redflag.png, or between blueflag.png and purpleflag.png. purpleflag.png and blackflag.png can even get confusing too on some covers. When I see, say, a Mystique cover standing alone, it can be really hard to tell what color it is.)