Lightning rounds need more variety!

Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
So I like to play with mostly boosted characters when possible, and try to cover as many strong colors as possible. This poses a problem in the villain Lightning Rounds, where three of the five featured character have black/blue/purple as their strong colors - that means I have little choice but to play Ragnarok (only one strong in Green), Magneto (only one strong in Yellow), and one of the others (Loki when I can, Doom or Mystique when I must).
The heroic lightning rounds are not much better, since Steve Rogers and Iron Man both have Red/Blue/Yellow as their strong colors and Gamora and Punisher both are Red/Green/Black. This means I usually play Daredevil, Punisher and Steve Rogers, subbing in Gamora or Iron Man when I need to.
I know there are graphics done for many other characters in the lightning rounds: On the villain side there is Hood, Sentry and Daken. On the heroic side there are almost too many to mention - Blade was only ever featured in a single set of lightning rounds, for instance.
It would be very nice if you could change the featured characters, at least once with their various color strengths in mind, but even better if they could be rotated on a regular basis. It might also help make the Lightning Round tokens more desireable since the same set of characters have been featured for a long time and many already have all the covers they need for them.
Heck, you could even feature the characters from the weekly boost in the lightning rounds as a way to earn extra covers for them.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    We need a 2* LR week. Would be fun to see Bagman as the Essential / Loaner icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    We need a 2* LR week. Would be fun to see Bagman as the Essential / Loaner icon_e_biggrin.gif
    I'd be down for that.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd just like to see the LR match-ups fixed so that if you don't enter on time you still get the 3 seed teams. It's not really a "Lightning" round when your first three matchups are level 210+ or whatever.