PVE: Dark Avengers - Heroic (July 20-24)

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I feel really stupid after selling Human Torch after the first sub-event
  • Unknown
    Options
    The one-time-only nodes at the beginning of the final sub-event are a pain. It's not that they're difficult, but they're time consuming and health pack consuming leaving me down to just my undercovered essentials and reserves for the repeatable nodes. I'm trying to clear these while at work and it is just about impossible to fit all of this into a lunch break.

It would be so much nicer to have the one-time only nodes at the end of the sub so that there's flexibility as to when I choose to do them.

Even with just two covers Luke Cage as a reserve is a blessing.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Grantosium wrote:
    The one-time-only nodes at the beginning of the final sub-event are a pain. It's not that they're difficult, but they're time consuming and health pack consuming leaving me down to just my undercovered essentials and reserves for the repeatable nodes. I'm trying to clear these while at work and it is just about impossible to fit all of this into a lunch break.

It would be so much nicer to have the one-time only nodes at the end of the sub so that there's flexibility as to when I choose to do them.

Even with just two covers Luke Cage as a reserve is a blessing.
    yes I thought I remembered one event (don't remember which one) where there was the string of nodes for each sub but only the first was an entry node and the others could be cleared at leisure. I'd much prefer that over having to clear all of them for entry. Cyclops for second and cage for third? wow, those with usable fists are loving this. I have a well covered cap (4/5/4) and on the goon nodes I still find myself just fisting it out - add witch for free purple or add Cyclops or cage and I find myself just ignoring cap. even when I could use my cap/Cyclops/mnmags team. that seems odd to me.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Think i am in a lazy slice.. sitting at #8 right now, doing bare minimum clears each refresh with a little grinding in the last 4 hours. So nice to take it easy in a PVE and still end up with some nice HP/Iso from subs, and looks like i may get a few covers i need out of it.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    on the goon nodes I still find myself just fisting it out

That's...not a pretty mental image
  • Unknown
    Options
    finished up the second subevent...zzz...its on my stream...zzzz
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Think i am in a lazy slice.. sitting at #8 right now, doing bare minimum clears each refresh with a little grinding in the last 4 hours. So nice to take it easy in a PVE and still end up with some nice HP/Iso from subs, and looks like i may get a few covers i need out of it.

nice! i was thinking my slice/bracket has been pretty lazy too...i've been lucky to get 2 clears per subevent, and actually haven't even done a full clear all day today yet, but still will finish very comfortably in the T100. i'm just playing casually to bring home a little bacon (aka iso and event tokens) but it looks like i'll get a spare psylocke...yay?

not really surprised though after EOTS and leading into the next 7 day grind, i'm not sure there are many who are too bothered by this event.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Cage and OBW for reinforcements.. SW into steals is going to rock!
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was taking it easy until I realised I'm in 2nd place for the event by a couple of hundred points after finishing the second sub. Race is on now for hulkbuster with about 13 hours to go.
  • spectator
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Cage and OBW for reinforcements.. SW into steals is going to rock!

I haven't used obw for so long I didn't even think of that
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Second sub had Cyclops reinforcement which was pretty awesome to play, third sub has Luke Cage boosted which also rocks... kudos to whoever made that decision. It makes up for the green fed Ares (didn't play that node, but still...) and yellow fed Hood, though those still remain a pain in the behind.

Maybe it's just becasue of the prizes that most people in my bracket seem to be playing pretty casually, but this event has been quite enjoyable so far. I only need a Psylocke black so have been aiming for top 20-50 but some grinding at the end of the second sub almost got me into top 10, wouldn't want to rob anyone of that top 10 red cover so not too much grinding at the end of the third sub is also pretty nice for a change. This will change in the next event when (another!) 4* is on offer probably, but think I might just go for top 100 there to be free of the hardcore grind that is necessary for top 20 or higher then.
  • spectator
    Options
    Finished event in 2nd place. First time I've ever played all nodes to 1 point. It wasnt too bad thanks to having almost fully levelled SW, Cage and IF
  • Unknown
    Options
    I thought this was awfully relaxed because I'm barely finishing any nodes on this last sub and I'm still top 50.

Makes me scared for The Hulk event. Hope it's nothing like the one for Antman.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Breezy wrote:
    Makes me scared for The Hulk event. Hope it's nothing like the one for Antman.
    It'll be worse. All the people who sat out Ant Man because they only wanted one cover for future essentials need to play PVE this time.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, Don - Don - The Hood is awful (HT essential node). Twin Pistols and/or Intimidation on steroids. I just ate two TP in four turns.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Wow, Don - Don - The Hood is awful (HT essential node). Twin Pistols and/or Intimidation on steroids. I just ate two TP in four turns.

IF with 5 black murders this node. Hood goes down fast, toss in 2* wolvie and OBW for extra damage and quick strike tiles for IF's attack tile and OBW to double tap. The don's do nothing, so once hood is down (which is very quickly using those).

The reason for 2* wolvie, is that his green is very fast to charge, and you can usually get it off well before Hood has a chance to steal the green from under you.

Since you have to use Torch, if you do not have IF/Wolvie, use Wolvie/OBW
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OBW was the unlucky recipient of the Pistols. The board was unfavourable to me, and gifted Hood a match-4 yellow, as if he wasn't getting yellow fast enough anyway. I still won it, but I'll have to tackle it one more time to try to make max progression.

Cage is by far my strongest character in this sub; my Fist is only 4/1/1 so he's not great.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Ok, i need 2 people to pass me. Sitting at #9 with an hour left.. got every reward in last sub, do not need the red cover, so cmon, if you need it, nows your chance.. i am #9, take my spot, i only need the black.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dang. was able to eek out 9th on one I really didn't care about but could definitely use the covers. and the extra hp for the subs was very refreshing. wish I could swing that when I cared more, but then others care more too so its harder. psylocke was the very last existing character that I finally pulled a while back and she's now up to 3/3/3. last sub token also gave me a psy black, so I went from 2/2/1 to 3/3/3 - i'll take it for 2.5 days of minimal grinding. hate slice 3 times tho - really screws with my work day.
  • Unknown
    Options
    finished 3rd sub event, it's on my stream. This event blows pretty hard but having Cage/Fist on that last subevent was gdlk